Thread: Prop Selection

Prop Selection

Hey, we have no where around here that will allow to try and return/exchange a prop, so this can get costly.

Also costly is it hitting a submerged log in 22 fow of taking off most of a blade. Ugh

New 150 Pro XS, on an 18.2 Crestliner Super Hawk. Came with a 19p 3 blade aluminum. Performed pretty well, top speed with just me in the boat and little gear/gas was 48. BUt My rpms were right up around 6200, so approaching the rev limiter. Was likely going to change it out for a 21p 3 blade aluminum.

My delaer has a 4 blade 20 pitch, that he says should spin at the equivalent of a 21 3 blade, does this sound accurate? For 200 bucks it might be worth trying.

What can I expect as differences between the 19 3 blade I was running and this one? I am assuming a drop in top end and RPM around 5800?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You do need to have the engine right at the top of the recommended WOT RPM's when loaded as you would NORMALLY operate the boat.

That 19P may have been closer than you think...

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor