Thread: Parts find

Question Parts find

I have 150 HP 4-stroke SN 2B544452. Help me find a parts diagram that shows pressure relief or maybe the by-pass valve in the trim/tilt unit. Don has posted it before I think but I am struggling to find it. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by 5keepers2; 09-20-2022 at 01:35 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Gonna need complete serial number (you're short a digit). Can be looked up on the Parts Catalog, under Trim System at: www.mercurypartsonline.net

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Gonna need complete serial number (you're short a digit). Can be looked up on the Parts Catalog, under Trim System at: www.mercurypartsonline.net
    Sorry I left out a 4 with fat fingers. Corrected!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you look up the Trim System for your serial number group, #11 is the relief (Pop-Off) valve kit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    If you look up the Trim System for your serial number group, #11 is the relief (Pop-Off) valve kit.
    Thank you. I would not have found it without you. I wish to show this to my mechanic. Appreciate!!
    Don,
    More help: In the drawing, there are 2 pics of item 11. They don't appear to be the same. Which one?
    I guess they are the same but I am confused about what the 2 drawings are trying to tell me!
    Help appreciated!
    Thanks
    Last edited by 5keepers2; 09-23-2022 at 07:26 AM.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    One is the relief valve for the UP circuit, the other is the relief valve for the DOWN circuit.

The kit contains the actual valve for BOTH.

7. Member
    One is the relief valve for the UP circuit, the other is the relief valve for the DOWN circuit.

The kit contains the actual valve for BOTH.
    Thanks that really help to understand!