Thread: VX21 4 blade

VX21 4 blade

Anyone running a 4 blade prop on a VX21 with a 250 pro xs? Trying to figure out what I need for more lift and maybe some speed.

2. Member
    I’ve tried a fury 4 23p which gave me about 2.5 mph over the 23p Fury 3. I’ve since got a 23p tempest plus which got me 2 more mph over the fury 4 but I’m still only turning 5940 rpm but it had a noticeable lift over the fury.The Fury’s are only getting me 5700-5800 rpm. I just received a Croxton Razor XL in a 22p which I’m hoping to test this weekend. This is a VX 21 with lithiums, no poles my typical tackle load, a full tank, and 2.5” p2p. I’ll keep ya posted.

3. Member
    I feel like most of these vx 21’s are being propped wrong.

4. Member
    Thats the type of info Im looking for. Thanks and look forward to your update.

5. Member
    So I ran the Croxton Razor XL yesterday and I turned 6100 RPM with a top speed of 62.8. I loaded the boat heavy and had a full tank. I put the tempest plus on and ran 64 at about 5800. The Razor had awesome hole shot and lift but was hoping for getter speed. Water temp was mid 60’s. Curious how a 22p tempest plus or fury would do out of the box.

6. Member
    Well, I picked up a 23 pitch Trophy Plus and ran it today. Just over 1/2 tank of gas, tournament load of tackle, 2 power poles, hydraulic jackplate, 4 lead batteries etc..and me. Got the same top speed of 70.4mph at 6100rpms as the 3 blade 23p Fury, but it handles so much better, like its on rails, and the holeshot is like no other. It literally slid the rods a foot out of the passenger rod tubes on take off and then she keeps pulling strong up to 70mph with plenty of bow lift. Im happy with what The Trophy Plus does so I will keep my eye out for something else to try later but this 4 blade is the ticket for me on my boat right now. Also I am running it with all 4 vent holes closed.
    So, not that I need it but I dont think there is any more speed to be had with this hull without lightening the load and/or adding horsepower, neither of which I plan to do. So for now Im going to enjoy some fall fishing! Tight lines.

PS. The water temp was 83* with an air temp of 80* with a 6” wind chop on the water.