Running 34 on 1022 eco map

I’m currently running birds .
    solix 10 at console , helix 10 at bow with m360.
    Im wanting to add live sonar and it seems livescope is still ahead of mega live.
    so all I know about garmin is what I’ve read , and that is a lot , but it’s still just what I’ve read.
    Im thinking that the Lvs34 perspective mode might in time be able to do away with m360.
    From what I’m reading lots of people like the 1022 ecomap for a stand alone system as well as the non touch screen.
    What I’m trying to figure out is if the benefits of the lvs34 transducer will be gained on the 1022 with lower screen resolution?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    In your description of the unit, you have it mixed up.....there is a Echomap Ultra 102 and then a GPSMap 1022. IMO, with Live Sonar, its mainly "blobs", not pictures like side/down vu....i've had both my 93+ and 106 running Livescope at the same time and didnt really see any difference. Now if you were to step up to the 86xx series where they have full HD screens, that may make a little difference but no experience with those.....

There will be others to post their thoughts on the screen resolution.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I ran the Echomap126sv for some time. About six months ago went to the GPSMAP8412, which has higher resolution. Also installed the LVS34. My images on the 8412 are outstanding. I can watch a topwater bait from 90+ feet all the way to the boat and watch a dropshot bounce off the bottom in 80+' of water. I am very happy with the higher resolution Garmin. I've set up a number of 10" screens for folks and we have been able to get great images with them. However, there is a big difference between the 12" and 10" screens in terms of really being able to dial them in.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    In your description of the unit, you have it mixed up.....there is a Echomap Ultra 102 and then a GPSMap 1022. IMO, with Live Sonar, its mainly "blobs", not pictures like side/down vu....i've had both my 93+ and 106 running Livescope at the same time and didnt really see any difference. Now if you were to step up to the 86xx series where they have full HD screens, that may make a little difference but no experience with those.....

There will be others to post their thoughts on the screen resolution.
    Yes I got my stuff confused . The 1022 gpsmap is the unit I was inquiring about.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

5. Member
    I run a 1022 with the lvs 34 and it looks great. I also like the 1022 due to the adjustment knob which makes adjustments easy and without fingerprints on the screen. Imo you won't be disappointed going that route.