Rear sear pedestal issue

I have a ProXL it's a 1998 I think, but anyhow, it has 3/4" screw in posts. In this case, I cannot get it to screw out. I put a pipe wrench on the seat post at the bottom, it moves, I've turned it 4 or 5 revolutions, but it has not gotten any looser or higher. There is no access to the bottom of the post plate. Anyone here had this issue? It looks like I will have to remove the screws that hold the plate to the deck. I took one out, two others are just spinning. I need this post, my partner is 72 and he can't tap dance any more.

If it's been in there a long time, then rust has built up a ring and it will be hard to get out. You could keep spraying break Free type stuff or something that will break down the rust.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    It turns in the brass socket. I think it's a thread in, and the nut broke off the bottom of the floor mount. I might saw the pedestal post off and pound it through the brass piece into the "unknown" below since I can't get the screws that hold it in loose, they just spin. Absolutely no access to the bottom.

If you want to take the mounting base screws out, try using a large flat head screwdriver and pry up on the base while turning the screws. You may need to cut back the carpet do do this of course.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    If you want to take the mounting base screws out, try using a large flat head screwdriver and pry up on the base while turning the screws. You may need to cut back the carpet do do this of course.
    Good advice but I already tried this and have stripped the carpet off too. It's amazing, I guess they built the boat around the seat post plate there is absolutely no access to the underside. The two aft screws came out but all the rest just spin, I am inclined to think there are nuts on them somewhere.

time to use a multi-tool with a cutting blade

7. Member
    I know I can get the mount out one way or another, however my co-angler is almost as old as I am and needs something to lean on. The issue is, if I can't get to the bottom of the back deck, how can I put another mount back in? I'm almost positive some of the screws go into hidden nuts of some kind, they turn too easily and don't go anywhere.

8. Member
    Try Kroil oil from amazon. That will get it loose.

9. Member
    Probably accessible from the front, but it will mean pulling the gas tank cover (under/behind the seats) and then pulling the tank to be able to reach it.