What to do I lost 5mph?

I have a 2003 Nitro 901CDX with a 2003 Yamaha 200 OX66. I had a Yamaha 25P M prop and the boat would easily run 65 to 66 mph, GPS at 5900rpm. But I broke 1 ear off of the prop. I replaced it with a 25P Tempest Plus. I'm running the same rpm's but barely getting 60mph. I have the jack plate set at 3.5 prop to pad. Do I need to adjust the jack plate height to this prop?

This is an easy fix. Sell the tempest. Purchase a yamaha M.

Not the same prop. Doesn't mean it can be fixed. Talk to a prop guy. Know your load and rpm's and temps aka water and air.

My 26 Tempest + worked a whole lot better when Mark got finished with it. Different motor and boat.

Personally I don't expect any prop to work up to its full potential unless you just get lucky.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

4. Member
    You didn't say but I'll bet the tempest is used not new and has some damage. Have the 25 tempest worked back to factory spec because it sounds like the cup is worn off even if you can't see it.