Thread: Moved to Texas

Moved to Texas

Thank the Lord I am in God’s Country again! People here have been wonderfully nice and helpful.
    however I registered two vehicles Friday and then took 3 hours to get my drivers license today!!
    First 30 minutes filling out forms and being told I need registration receipts on both vehicles not just the one I brought. TPDS sends me to DMV to get a copy of vehicle registration for 2nd vehicle and I wait on crutches (broken toe fishing at Lake Fork 6 weeks ago)standing for an hour (no chairs at Cherokee County DMV) while the only service person works one out of state owner of multiple vehicles. Then when my turn comes she said my receipt is too new to be in the system!!!!! So my wife drives us back home and get my copy of that receipt out of my truck and get back to TPDS . Then 3 hours after I began the ordeal To obtain my temporary Texas Driver license with the permanent to arrive in the mail soon. Holy moly-what an ordeal.!
    Next I need to register my boat and trailer.
    Any suggestions appreciated to avoid any train wrecks!
    small price to pay to live in Texas!
    Tom Black

2. Member
    I feel your pain. Moved here 22 years ago and what a fiasco to get my vehicles registered and a new license. Went to get license first and was told I had to register vehicles before I could get a license. Asked the clerk, what if I don't have a vehicle. She responded, You drove here didn't you. Next on to county office to registers vehicles, 2 cars, a motorcycle, and a trailer. Coming here from Kansas where the sales tax was higher so they couldn't charge me the difference but did tack on a New County Residence Fee to each registration. I asked the clerk does that mean my vehicles get to vote. No sense of humor what so ever. When it was all said and done it cost me about $1200, mind you that was 22 years ago. Couldn't imagine what it would cost now.

They have made it a train wreck to do anything. Just make sure you have everything you have on them and hope they are current.

You guys have a great Governor. Congratulations on the move.

22R

Allison XB2002 / Merc 150 XR6