Asian Carp on Kentucky Lake?

After recently visited the area around Paris, I saw a decent school of carp out from the bank at the marina, probably 10 to 15 about 5 to 8 lbs each. My question is for the locals that deal with this problem all the time, do you kill these fish when you catch them, eat them or just turn them back and hope someone will eradicate them one day? Just curious.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    They don’t bite lures or bait, so it would be very rare to catch one.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

I caught one on Pickwick a while back, 35lbs, snagged on a crankbait. It expired after the fight, just wondering what you guys do?
    I BELIEVE!!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybfishing View Post
    I caught one on Pickwick a while back, 35lbs, snagged on a crankbait. It expired after the fight, just wondering what you guys do?
    I've snagged them with crankbaits and caught them with a dip net. They're really quite good to eat but have a lot of small bones. By all means kill any that you catch!
    2008 Z520 250 proxs 1B547930

5. Member
    I would kill any that I come in contact with. Usually a knife to the belly makes good turtle food.

6. Member
    I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to release an Asian carp alive back into waters
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodRiverBandit View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to release an Asian carp alive back into waters
    This

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    I would kill any that I come in contact with. Usually a knife to the belly makes good turtle food.
    If I get the carp to the boat it's getting stabbed.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing1 View Post
    If I get the carp to the boat it's getting stabbed.
    Mine usually aren't invited in, but jump in like they own the place. Makes a mess on the carpet and seats.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    Mine usually aren't invited in, but jump in like they own the place. Makes a mess on the carpet and seats.
    If they get in your boat and make a big mess, dont try to clean it out with water, let it dry and all u do is take a brush and brush it out after it dries. Pretty simple, just keep some Tylenol handy if they hit you in the head.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    If they get in your boat and make a big mess, dont try to clean it out with water, let it dry and all u do is take a brush and brush it out after it dries. Pretty simple, just keep some Tylenol handy if they hit you in the head.
    I’ll have to try that method. Nothing will stink a garage up worse than carp slime all over your boat carpet! On another note, I did see quite a few carp in Blood today, but also more visible bait balls than I’ve seen in a while.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkAF View Post
    I’ll have to try that method. Nothing will stink a garage up worse than carp slime all over your boat carpet! On another note, I did see quite a few carp in Blood today, but also more visible bait balls than I’ve seen in a while.
    This definitely works, the first time it happened i tried water to get it up, just made it a lot worst. The second time i let it dry and was a piece of cake to brush it all out, might have taken 5 minutes.