Map of LaCrosse Pools 7, 8 and p

Hey guys, I am from Oklahoma and I qualified for the Regional in October. What is the best place to buy a map or find good mapping for these pools? Never been on the river and not sure about navigating it. We are going out of Freedom Park. Any advice for a newby would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Scott Smith
    Blanchard, OK
    2014 FX 20 Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    You can get Fishing Hot Spots paper maps for 7, 8 and 9. Navionics and Lakemaster have decent maps for those pools. Either way it's just going to give you a ballpark. River changes a lot from year to year and the river is on the low side right now. It's best to idle your way in once you get off the main channel and see what's up.

3. Member
    Navionics or lakemaster will work fine. But they really only show you depths in the main channels and some secondary channels. Lots of spots on those maps where I have fished are said to be land on the map card.

Big thing is stay inside the buoys and watch for closing dams into channels.....most of those are marked with a black line on mapping cards, lakemaster chips make them pretty obvious
    Fish have fins, they swim

4. Member
    These are usually a good starting point..... you can either buy the whole book which is super nice to have, or download it and print what you need

https://www.mvr.usace.army.mil/Missi...issippi-River/

5. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. At least now I don't feel lost. lol
    Scott Smith
    Blanchard, OK
    2014 FX 20 Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Also feel free to PM me. I can try to point out some of the nasty closing dams that you need to watch out for
    Fish have fins, they swim

7. Member
    I would also try to look up all the tournaments and see what you can get for info on winning patterns that time of year.