Tube boat trailer - question

Has anyone drilled holes on the underside of the tube to allow moisture to drain out?
    1999 TR-21
    Optimax 225 Serial Number 0G842489

2. Member
    I haven't personally. But I have heard of it on the board.
    Thinking about doing mine's.
    But it will be a 1/8 or smaller hole.

3. Member
    Had ‘98 Triton MFI tube trailer that I bought new. Had a 3/4” inch hole in bottom of each side rail close to back. Rusted so bad I finally replaced it..
    Could never understand why they made a tube boat trailer

4. Member
    Looked under minds today and minds has a 1 inch x3 inch hole on each side .On the back of each side frame,where the wires come out.
    I was talking about the cross member frame.

5. Member
    I drilled out the hole in the middle of the back tube about a month ago on my trailer prior to spray with bedliner. I also have two holes 1 1/4" on each side at the rear of the side tubes where the wires exit for rear lighting. I don't picture on this laptop of holes in trailer. Triton trailer 4.jpg
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

6. Member
    I had a 1998 tube trailer, if you look in the very back end of the tubes there is a plastic cap, I removed mine so the water could drain.
    It might not look as pretty, but I knew the tube was draining and getting a good airing out on the way drive home.

Also, mine had holes in the bottom with rubber grommets for the side wires to come out, the rubber grommets held water and rusted around the area.
    I removed the grommets and painted the area, then I added a plastic wire protector to protect the wire.

I had to replace my trailer 3 years ago, I too went to a Channel frame, I don't like the tube trailers either

I also had a brake line leak on the inside of the tube, what a nightmare finding that problem.
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO