Rigid light for Minn Kota on nose of boat/trolling motor.

Anyone rigged one of these?

How and where did you run the power cord off the back of the light?

Drill any holes in the nose of the fiberglass?

I have one, but they installed it when i got my new trolling motor. I do think it is really over priced. 20180515_203906.jpg20180515_203906.jpg
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

And you need to be really careful when you load your boat.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    I have one, but they installed it when i got my new trolling motor. I do think it is really over priced. 20180515_203906.jpg20180515_203906.jpg
    How did your installer run the wires that come from behind the light? Did they drill a hole in the hose of the fiberglass?

Yes, running up on the roller when loading is not an option anymore. Have to be careful nose of boat is above rooler on different ramps.

I looked at lunch, and they must have there are no wires showing anywhere going to it.

6. Member
    I have one on mine. Not hard routing wiring to the clamshell with graph wiring. Not a good light though. More of a flood than a spotlight. I am not impressed with mine. And I have never even thought about the bow roller. My boat never goes under the roller. If it would, I would have to have it too deep.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    I have one on mine. Not hard routing wiring to the clamshell with graph wiring. Not a good light though. More of a flood than a spotlight. I am not impressed with mine. And I have never even thought about the bow roller. My boat never goes under the roller. If it would, I would have to have it too deep.
    Not understanding your mention of clamshell. Help me out, I’m kinda a dummy to some of this stuff.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N2Labs View Post
    Not understanding your mention of clamshell. Help me out, I’m kinda a dummy to some of this stuff.
    My boat (BC Pantera 2) has a small metal 'clamshell' cover over the graph power and transducer cables entering the boat through a hole in the well up front.

Have one on mine but never used it yet.

Id be afraid i would lift the trolling motor up and the head of it would smash that lil light all to crap

Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Nice Shop !! Did you make those steps ??
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

12. Member
    I have one on mine. It works good for hitting channel markers at night or early morning. I fish the river where every buoy is reflective. Works well. Other than being careful loading and unloading tho.

As far as routing, i took the side panel off my ultrex and ran it behind and thru the panel. Had to make 2 small modifications in the plastic in the panel. (You'll see what i mean when you look at it.) Gotta clip out a couple small plastic crosses to make a channel for wire to run through. Then run to the rear of the tm mount. Then snuck it in behind. My bow panel. Once done and back together its absolutely seemless and no wires show. Could also use a small clamshell wire hole cover or route it into your hole in tm pedal tray. Lots of options. Depends on the boat layout i guess. Im not home to upload pics. But i will tonight.

13. Member
    Here are a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Nice Shop !! Did you make those steps ??
    No I got them from Legend Boats back when they were in business.