How to rid the chrome on a 2020 520L?

I'm the proud new owner of a 2020 520L! I've added a pic to my profile and will add more in due time. Love the black on white theme but HATE all the chrome that Ranger insists on using. These include but are not limited to the large transom grills, foot rests, plier/tool areas (mid and forward), beading on consoles and even Ranger logos.

Has there been a thread on how to best eliminate all this chrome? Powder coat, spray paint, or after market supplier?

Thanks!

Bob

2. Member
    Firstly congrats on the new boat. Black/white is my personal favorite combo as well (my boat is also). I am not certain about replacement parts but I will address the other idea. I would suggest if it’s plastic get it properly sanded down, treated and painted. Any metal parts I’d have de chromed and powder coated. It of course would cost more, but making sure it’s done right imo is worth it.

Get the chrome wrapped...you'll get several years out of the wrap and can change it up to something new if you feel the urge. Then if you ever feel the need to sell, remove and sell with shiny new non-scratched chrome.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

4. Member
    ^ Also a very good idea. I honestly had not thought of that, but I like it.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    ^ Also a very good idea. I honestly had not thought of that, but I like it.
    +1

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Check out a Z519L. Those accents are Black as opposed to chrome. They may be the same size as the ones on the 520L

7. Member
    I wrapped most of the chrome and stainless on my Ranger in carbon fiber 3m wrap. Worked as intended and has held up well for the 8 months I have had this ride
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

8. Member
    And the plastic doesn’t last very long. Think the stuff they make the lettering and windshield trim with is called Chromax. All mine has started to crack and break off into small pieces. Ordered some Domed Numbers to replace the lettering. Not sure how to handle the windshield accents that are coming off in little pieces. Probably just completely remove.