Livescope problem

I have a friend with a GPS map 1222 xsv dedicated Livescope unit. The unit will no longer power up and the indicator light on the gls 10 is off. The red light flashes for a second when power is turned on but only at that moment. My buddy suspected the GLS 10 was bad so he purchased a brand new one. We Re-installed the new box and all the cables that came with it and the same problem persists. We have 12 volts at the box and the head unit and battery is good. Also the head unit powered up when connected to another boat. Anybody have experience with this issue? Could it be the transducer? The unit is just out of warranty, imagine that!! Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks

2. Member
    Looks like you answered your own question when you said the head unit powered up when connected to another boat. Your friend has wiring problems.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12v (at the battery terminals) is pretty much a dead battery. With insufficient wiring, it is prob only like 11v at the box/unit.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info, we have 12.8 volts at the unit and black box. The battery is located at the front of the boat so the wire run in very short. And all the wire connections are good. Gonna mess with it tomorrow and see if we can figure this thing out.