Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2day View Post
    Long time user of Walmart Everstart 27DC for the trolling motor batteries. Been buying them for years.
    About 4 years is all you get. I fish almost every weekend all year round. Happy to get the 4yrs and replace them. Garage get hot in the summer months in Houston Tx.
    Just bought 2 - 27DC Interstate batteries at Costco. They were $89 and I saved $40 over the Walmart batteries.
    They are the exact same battery.
    heat worst than cold on batteries!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I mean a batts on 2020 boat could be 3+ years old.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I havent had much luck with interstate. Have better luck with walmart everstart max 29

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionskeeter View Post
    I havent had much luck with interstate. Have better luck with walmart everstart max 29
    those are great batteries use them all the time in tool truck. same people make them all
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

5. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionskeeter View Post
    The pair of Walmart 29's I bought a couple months ago here in Little Rock said "Clarios" on them. Pretty sure they also make Interstate. As long as I can get 3-4 good years out of my deepcycles I'm happy.

My dad told me yesterday that he thinks he can get me a 45% discount through work on Interstates that they rig in the new boats where he works. I told him I thought about asking a couple months ago since he mentioned it a year ago but didn't want him to break any rules on his discount. And I like being able to have a quick and convenient way to get batteries without having to jump through hoops.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    Best thing is always charge after use then I plug in 3 cheap maintainers from harbor freight. My interstate batteries are 6 years old go figure.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    The pair of Walmart 29's I bought a couple months ago here in Little Rock said "Clarios" on them. Pretty sure they also make Interstate. As long as I can get 3-4 good years out of my deepcycles I'm happy.

My dad told me yesterday that he thinks he can get me a 45% discount through work on Interstates that they rig in the new boats where he works. I told him I thought about asking a couple months ago since he mentioned it a year ago but didn't want him to break any rules on his discount. And I like being able to have a quick and convenient way to get batteries without having to jump through hoops.
    clarios bought johnson controls battery division and make 50-60% of all batteries out there with any name on them
    MAGA

8. Member
    We only use interstate at work. Dozens of them across many, many vehicles. To say I’m not impressed would be an understatement. Why do we use them? They are right by the shop and we get all of them with the 36 month free replacement.

9. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    I always had good luck with Interstate until recently. I went to Costco a couple months back and bought two for my truck. I have a Tahoe with a second battery option. One of the batteries started leaking, it leaked all over my truck frame, ran down the side of windshield washer reservoir, ruined my washer motor. Made one hell of a mess. They replaced it being 8 was old. I was not happy.

I guess all batteries go bad.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WWDIII View Post
    I always had good luck with Interstate until recently. I went to Costco a couple months back and bought two for my truck. I have a Tahoe with a second battery option. One of the batteries started leaking, it leaked all over my truck frame, ran down the side of windshield washer reservoir, ruined my washer motor. Made one hell of a mess. They replaced it being 8 was old. I was not happy.

Things happen. That could have been on costco too? Maybe in shipping or a $12 an hour stock boy dropped it, slammed it stocking it. Not saying it did, just saying things happen between the plant and the store shelf. I think sometimes we neglect how much travel, bumps, hands, many many of our items go thru from finished item to our homes. It’s not always the makers fault.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WWDIII View Post
    I always had good luck with Interstate until recently. .................................. They replaced it being 8 was old. I was not happy.

If you got 8 years on any battery you have already had a couple of free years.

12. Member
    I had guessed he meant 8 days or weeks. That’s why I gave the reply I did. If 8 years then totally agree

13. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I had a set of Interstate trolling motor batteries I had to replace this past spring that had been in the boat since new in 2015.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

14. Member
    I have had good and bad interstates just like all of them.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    I have had good and bad interstates just like all of them.
    My experience is the same.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

16. Member
    I bought my boat in December 2018 and the 27 series TM Interstate batteries that it came with are still in the boat.
    I replaced the starting battery in 2019 because it didn’t have enough reserve capacity to handle my new graphs.

I haven’t fished a lot the last couple years but they’re still working so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123