Bomber Gen 2 cranks

Anybody tried them? $3.99 at one of the online retailers. I'll probably get some, I expect to change out the hooks and probably do some tuning.

I have a couple of the FatFree Guppies but haven't really thrown them much yet. I will say you may be pleasantly surprised with the stock hooks as they are black nickel & very sticky. The quality of these baits is well beyond the price point, these are hidden gems IMO

Will be trying some of the Flat A's as well with the cooler weather coming. The new weight transfer system should improve casting them a lot
    Ranting incoherently

I've heard some really good things about them. Great to hear about the hooks! I'm always replacing the ones on the higher priced Bombers pretty soon after putting them into use, so cool to hear they're using good hooks on the cheaper Gen 2 versions. I'll definitely be trying them.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    I have a couple of the FatFree Guppies but haven't really thrown them much yet. I will say you may be pleasantly surprised with the stock hooks as they are black nickel & very sticky. The quality of these baits is well beyond the price point, these are hidden gems IMO

Will be trying some of the Flat A's as well with the cooler weather coming. The new weight transfer system should improve casting them a lot
    Thanks, good to hear on the hooks.

I gotta wonder if the $3.99 price is a shrewd move on Pradco’s part to generate a positive buzz. All the first generation baits are still in the $6-$7 range while the latest/greatest are much lower. I only wished they’d have modernized the Square A, that is a killer little squarebill.
    Ranting incoherently

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    I gotta wonder if the $3.99 price is a shrewd move on Pradco’s part to generate a positive buzz. All the first generation baits are still in the $6-$7 range while the latest/greatest are much lower. I only wished they’d have modernized the Square A, that is a killer little squarebill.
    Maybe - get people, and I hate to say it. 'hooked'. then raise the price to $7.99

Got a couple of the new Flat A's in earlier this week and threw one for a while yesterday. I didn't get bit but it casts very nicely and has a real nice action to it. Here's some pics of the weight transfer setup. These, while very quiet, are not 100% silent because of the balls but during a slow steady retrieve shouldn't put out much noise at all.

Weight balls in casting position
    2B4650FE-8865-4CB6-9C20-D09B873902A9.jpeg

In retrieve position
    CE95DC1D-9CB8-4125-AC33-B98A0512CC7E.jpeg
    Ranting incoherently

Interesting ^^^.

I now have a few, haven't thrown them yet.