Clinton Report 9/13/22

I met Todd (Illinifish) for the first time today and showed him around Clinton for awhile. Our main goal was to show him some areas for a future tournament, so we didn’t spend a lot of time doing the things that would have been most conducive to catching bigger fish under current conditions. After I showed him some areas that I think will help him when he comes back for his tournament, we ran up above the 48 bridge to check on some fish that I had been catching prior to leaving town for the USA BASS’N Classic on Rend Lake last week. We spend a couple hours up there between 48 and Parnell and although we didn’t catch any big fish, we would’ve have scratched out a limit that would’ve been around 12 lbs. We were hooked up with a couple fish that were much better quality, but we weren’t able to put those in the boat.

All of our fish came on a spinnerbait fished IN laydowns…not “around” laydowns. The fish were buried up in the wood and it often took multiple casts and banging the blades into the cover to get the fish to trigger. Water temps were high 70’s beteeen Dewitt and 48 and low 70’s throughout the rest of the lake.

It was a fun half-day and it’s always great to meet another BBC friend!6F3BCFFF-D0B7-4CFD-B6B0-E20293CE3B3B.jpeg5C9851AF-63A5-4EC0-94AB-F07D846314F4.jpeg8F616535-EBA2-404E-8D08-8D237AC17892.jpeg

2. Member
    Were you using that secret spinnerbait? In a couple weeks, that place should blow up!

Quote Originally Posted by purduephigam View Post
    Were you using that secret spinnerbait? In a couple weeks, that place should blow up!
    Yes, the secret spinnerbait did make an appearance….and you are correct, its just going to keep getting better for the next several weeks.

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Nice report Philly

Dale Sinclair original