95 200 XRI hard starting / idle problems

Serial number 0G104371

I have a 95 merc 200 XRI. First few starts, it starts right up, almost always though towards the end of the day it will start a little rougher, and as soon as I put it in gear it dies.
    Seems like sometimes it's not running on all cylinders for 39 seconds or so too.
    I can get it to run by messing with it and immediately giving it some throttle, but if I take it down to idle or shift from forward to reverse it wants to die. Causing me a problem loading as I need to come in too fast. Runs great at anything above idle and it's usually only later in the day, although the last two times it started really hard first thing in the AM and was much more smokey than it should've been.
    Pulled the plugs and they are wet and black. It's running rich.
    Switch boxes were new last year. Coils tested good last year. All new fuel filters and lines and pump rebuild 2 years ago.

2. Member
    needs all sensors and switches tested and verified , link and sync done , check valve on bottom of vst tested for holding pressure,fuel psi test also for bleed off, for starters
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................