What science/math/probability reinforces your faith?

People that don't understand the Bible and God like to say that faith and science are separate. I totally disagree and my findings and science have reinforced my faith in God. Just curious what scientific facts have reinforced your beliefs in God.

My top two are as follows:
    1. Human population growth rate. It is impossible that we could be here 200,000 years and have only 8 billion people on earth, based on known population growth rates. Bottle necks do not fix this problem :)
    2. the probability of chemicals evolving to becoming life(abiogenesis)
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Well as late as 1492 much of the world believed the earth was flat but Old Testament writings B.C. Refer to the " round" of the earth.

I agree that the more we learn the more we find scripture to be accurate.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    The probability that all prophecies of the Christ would be true (some calculations put the number at 31,135,104,000,000,000,000,000:1).

The fact that matter has to have an origin.

4. Member
    There is a lot of chemistry found in the Bible. The making of brass ( copper + Zinc) ,bronze ( copper + tin), plus the fire assay technique!
    Job 28:1-2, Zechariah 13:9

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Well as late as 1492 much of the world believed the earth was flat but Old Testament writings B.C. Refer to the " round" of the earth.

I agree that the more we learn the more we find scripture to be accurate.

-- For Discussion Purposes Only --

images-1.jpg

download-2.jpg

Check: 'Firmament' or not as Will ran Free...

either way...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. Shaq is 'on-board'

6. Member
    Billions of stars,some very plainly making out objects(Big Dipper,Little Dipper,Orion's Belt) and the planets,as scripture says,HE hung them on nothing.The Apostle Paul says all someone has to do is look at nature,and we are without excuse to not know that GOD created it.

That I know of,the Bible makes no mention of there being life on other planets,and why mankind is searching for other places to live,I'll never know. This is the same Earth that Jesus came to,and this is the same Earth where GOD wants us to be for our physical lives.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    -- For Discussion Purposes Only --

images-1.jpg

download-2.jpg

Check: 'Firmament' or not as Will ran Free...

either way...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. Shaq is 'on-board'
    I know army academy grad with 20+ years of service that believes the flat earth theory. I have flown around the world a few times, so I disagree :) fun to discuss ....

8. Member
    It's the mainstream contradictions in science for me. Science vs science.....Google how long it takes to make a diamond, now google how long it takes to make a diamond in a lab. Google when dinosaurs went extinct, now explain to me cave drawings of men hunting them, written descriptions throughout history, and finding soft tissue and red blood cells in certain fossils. How about how long it takes for wood to petrify? And in a lab? Radioactive dating shows millions of years when we know the same rocks were formed just a few decades ago. What I see is under certain circumstances it doesn't take millions or billions of years. DNA is what got me interested in this area because I could relate DNA to programming being a simulator tech. And here you have Laws like the law of biogenesis and laws of thermodynamics (especially the 2nd law of thermodynamics). The first 2 verses in the Bible give us the things needed for quantum physics (time, space, matter, motion). Though it is my faith in Jesus Christ that saves me, these questions and answer show me the Bible is accurate. You can't do science without philosophy so it really depends on the ideological lens you are looking through when doing science.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    I know army academy grad with 20+ years of service that believes the flat earth theory. I have flown around the world a few times, so I disagree :) fun to discuss ....
    I thought it would provide a member/member(s) an opportunity to search out items to research and perhaps a way to try and figure things out for their own Self.

Some like to look for their answers and get it '1 on 1/straight' Martini, neat.

Others like to show up and be told what to think. Is that message diluted? Is this 'drinker' now open to the Bartender's interpretation of the recipe in the latest Bartending For Dummies™?

It certainly will open avenues of communication/dissertations if the subject: 'every thing in the Bible is true...'

Stay Hydrated... Sacramental wine is o.k.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KT978 View Post
    It's the mainstream contradictions in science for me. Science vs science.....Google how long it takes to make a diamond, now google What I see is under certain circumstances it doesn't take millions or billions of years.

DNA is what got me interested in this area because I could relate DNA to programming being a simulator tech.
    Remember, when using Google™ THEY™ are getting more from You than You them...

That will work up until tomorrow, Thursday™ on most calendars.

www.last-thursday.org/home ALL the rules are listed.

11. Member
    Two very good points:

"Though it is my faith in Jesus Christ that saves me, these questions and answer show me the Bible is accurate. You can't do science without philosophy so it really depends on the ideological lens you are looking through when doing science."

"Some like to look for their answers and get it '1 on 1/straight'

Others like to show up and be told what to think. Is that message diluted? Is this 'drinker' now open to the Bartender's interpretation of the recipe in the latest Bartending For Dummies"

Is it science and math that saves you? or is it the strength of your faith?

"Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
    When a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but are earned. However, to the man that trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

12. Member
    It's the mainstream contradictions in science for me. Science vs science.....Google how long it takes to make a diamond, now google how long it takes to make a diamond in a lab. Google when dinosaurs went extinct, now explain to me cave drawings of men hunting them, written descriptions throughout history, and finding soft tissue and red blood cells in certain fossils. How about how long it takes for wood to petrify? And in a lab? Radioactive dating shows millions of years when we know the same rocks were formed just a few decades ago. What I see is under certain circumstances it doesn't take millions or billions of years. DNA is what got me interested in this area because I could relate DNA to programming being a simulator tech. And here you have Laws like the law of biogenesis and laws of thermodynamics (especially the 2nd law of thermodynamics). The first 2 verses in the Bible give us the things needed for quantum physics (time, space, matter, motion). Though it is my faith in Jesus Christ that saves me, these questions and answer show me the Bible is accurate. You can't do science without philosophy so it really depends on the ideological lens you are looking through when doing science.
    I've studied the same and love your points. Dating sedimentary layers is not as simple as the pretend it is. They need to explain the massive scale of single sedimentary layers, meaning they were placed there in one event. Also, people should study what it takes to make a fossil possible. Ignorance surrounds naturalism. Again, great points

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I thought it would provide a member/member(s) an opportunity to search out items to research and perhaps a way to try and figure things out for their own Self.

Some like to look for their answers and get it '1 on 1/straight' Martini, neat.

Others like to show up and be told what to think. Is that message diluted? Is this 'drinker' now open to the Bartender's interpretation of the recipe in the latest Bartending For Dummies™?

It certainly will open avenues of communication/dissertations if the subject: 'every thing in the Bible is true...'

Stay Hydrated... Sacramental wine is o.k.
    Any opportunity bringing the truth of the Bible out, is great! Agreed, Sir :)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Two very good points:

"Though it is my faith in Jesus Christ that saves me, these questions and answer show me the Bible is accurate. You can't do science without philosophy so it really depends on the ideological lens you are looking through when doing science."

"Some like to look for their answers and get it '1 on 1/straight'

Others like to show up and be told what to think. Is that message diluted? Is this 'drinker' now open to the Bartender's interpretation of the recipe in the latest Bartending For Dummies"

Is it science and math that saves you? or is it the strength of your faith?

"Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
    When a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but are earned. However, to the man that trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.
    Explain how science cannot be done without philosophy, please. I don't agree, but open to you changing my mind :)

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Explain how science cannot be done without philosophy, please. I don't agree, but open to you changing my mind :)
    Please read post #8 and you will understand my post much better, since those are usurps from that post.

Many times I don't have the time to rewrite, so it make it easier, since I don't think that science and philosophy are interconnected.

16. Member
    Post #8 by KT978? I was just wondering what you meant when you said "you can't do science without philosophy ".

were you quoting him? If so, I'll ask kt.

17. Member
    Kt, what is meant by your science+philosophy statement?