Graph or Nav Card?

The 819 Pro I just bought has a Garmin 126 on the bow for Livescope and a Lowrance Elite TI2 12 at the console. There is no mapping card in the Lowrance and the stock base mapping is horrible! Would you buy a map card for the Lowrance (likely the Navionics Platinum +) for $249 or put that money into replacing it with a Garmin so it could be networked? Or something different I haven’t thought of?

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Member
    I don't know what comes loaded on the garmin. But a map is very important for navigation if nothing else. On a lake like Toledo Bend where there stumps you boat roads with buoys. These buoys are shown. Very handy for fog or dark. Plus they do show the topo.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Member
    That’s exactly what I’m talking about. The Garmin comes with LakeVu G3 maps (Navionics) that is a lot better than what is currently on the Lowrance.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    In my opinion, money towards a Garmin. Garmin has incorporated Navionics Data onto their units so, some lakes will show bouys, etc. I think the Ti2 is a lesser unit and the large Navionics data on the card would slow down the unit.

If need be, i could get you a few screen shots of lakes to see/show what they have as i have the 126 unit.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Tennesse has c maps for Lowrance. That might be worth the investment.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

6. Member
    Thanks for the input. I never thought about the map card slowing down the unit. I know what you mean by lesser unit. It does, however do side and down imaging well, but no better than that Garmins I have/have had. I’m leaning towards a new unit.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon65 View Post
    I know what you mean by lesser unit.
    I didnt clarify myself, should have said, processing speed.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Thanks for the clarification, but it is a lesser unit. Just dig into the settings or lack thereof and it’s easy to see. I’m certain it’s a step up from most Hook units but way behind the HDS Live or the 126sv. Just don’t understand why previous owner “cheaped” out on the console mapping unit. Definitely spared no expense on the BBT mount it’s on. Lol
    Fair to say people have different ideas on what’s important to them.
    Thanks again

9. Member
    My moneys on the Navionics Platinum + card. Had 3 12”Ti2’s on my last rig and it didn’t slow them down. Kept the cards when I sold the boat and now have them in my Helix 12’s.

10. Member
    By the way, Navionics is owned by Garmin.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

11. BunchMarineZR
    We have 3 different versions of the C-Map cards for Lowrance; Cmap Reveal ($178 + tax), Cmap Maxn/Maxn+ ($150 + tax) and Cmap precision contour HD Tennessee ($156 + tax) and can ship flat rate for $8.96. Just give us a call if you're interested in any of these!

Bunch Marine
    865-376-7227

Thank you!