Looking to try a different prop - P2

I have a 2008 Pantera 2 Dual Console with a 200 Optimax. Up front I have a 52" Ultrex 80, with Mega 360 and Livescope hanging on it, a Helix 10 and a Garmin 93SV. The front center compartment has lifejackets and rain gear, the middle box is loaded down heavy with tackle. I have my girlfriend in the boat 95% of the time when we are on the water, and frequently have a third person in the boat. Cooler usually has drinks and ice, rod box is stuffed full and the starboard side locker usually runs pretty light, bump boards, paddle, couple extra towels and whatnot.

Right now I have a Trophy 26 on the boat and I can hit 66 with three people at about 5300 rpm. Running with 2 I can hit 67.5-68 at 5400. Loaded down My holeshot suffers slightly but it is still relatively quick given the load. There are a few lakes I fish that have a 40mph speed limit and there are a LOT of cruisers and big wakes so I almost want a shorty prop for those just for better holeshot and throttle response to react to the conditions. But overall I am thinking about a slightly smaller prop that will allow for quick holeshot when running 3 people in the boat, and then of course keep the Trophy 26 for days when I want to let her eat on the river.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Member
    My 2002 P classic DC with 2008 200 opti runs in the low to mid 70s very lightly loaded with a 26 3 blade Fury. With 3 people and full of gear and gas, it runs great but mine doesn’t get max rpm when running WOT. The fury is such a great prop, maybe a 25 fury for your heavier loads?

3. Member
    I have a 25 Trophy Plus.
    I usually run alone. Carry a medium load.
    My PII is also dual console and has twin poles.
    I run 70-71.5 mph depending on outside temps.

If your usually loaded with 3 people I would prop down further.
    Your looking for faster hole shot, better mid range lift. Top end isn’t a priority.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

I used to have the same boat but a 2010 with a 200 Opti. I tried a lot of props. I did not try a Trophy but I wish I had. They run well on BCBs. If you like the Trophy, try a 24P. Others that will work are a 25 Bravo, 24 Fury 3 or 23 Fury 4 and a 25 Tempest. You need to get your RPM up for best results which will improve hole shot. If you hit the limiter, have Mark add some cup to improve bow lift and cut down the RPM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

24 Bravo XS with 8 holes. You'll thank me later