Thread: Coffey County

Coffey County

It was a little stingy yesterday and tough to fish with the North wind. We did manage to catch 15-7 in our best five, with the biggest being a stud 4-12 smallmouth. Water was in the high 70's and fairly clear until the wind really got it stirred up in the afternoon.

2. Member
    topwater bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handwich View Post
    topwater bite?
    Nope, all the fish came on tubes. I didn't even try topwater and the guy with me threw it a lot with no success.

4. Member
    Ok I know this sounds crazy but every time I fish that lake, my 80 lb Ultrex develops a squeak from the prop shaft. I can hear it with the motor deployed and running or when stowed and turning the prop by hand. As soon as I fish any other lake, the squeak goes away. The motor was squeaking after winter fishing there but stopped as soon as I started fishing other lakes. I went back to CC Labor Day weekend which was the first time since winter and the squeak returned after about 4 hours of fishing. Sunday I spent the day on another lake and no more squeak. Has anybody else experienced this after fishing CC?

Interesting, but no, I have never had that happen.