Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    No I don't guess I did. You answered a question with a question.
    You taught me well
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

2. Member
    the opinion of "experts" - What is clearly implied here is that the 'expert' is just some pretentious moron and not a true expert.

the surgeon with hundreds of successful surgeries - it clearly states that this individual has proven himself worthy of doing the work he is declaring himself capable of doing.

You career and believes are not interdependent, unless it is based on those believes, though your believes may have a lot to due with your virtues and ethics.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KT978 View Post
    Something to think about....During Jesus's crucifixion the sky went dark from 6-9 . This is found in the gospel account of the crucifixion (Matt. 27:45; Mk. 15:33; Lk. 23:44). Thallus (hostile Christian ancient source who's writings predate the gospels) quoted by Julius Africanas confirms the dreadful darkness over Judea, but appears to play it off as an eclipse of the sun. The problem is a solar eclipse can not happen naturally during a full moon when the Passover is celebrated. They only occur during the new moon phase. Solar eclipses only last minutes as well, not hours. Something outside of nature must have been the cause like a supernatural or miraculous event.
    I like the explanation. Now i have to go read more :) thanks
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Why not use the surgeon with hundreds of successful surgeries but always prays before surgery. That is an apples to apples comparison and my choice the one I brought up.

Do you realize that the atheist had " just got out of school" at the beginning of his career so your comparison is severely flawed.
    Statments like this occur when logic and reason that you need everyday, says one thing and your religion says another...... childhood indoctrination at work.

5. Member
    Statments like this occur when logic and reason that you need everyday, says one thing and your religion says another...... childhood indoctrination at work.
    Read it again, Rex. I think you might be misunderstanding him. There is nothing that even relates to indoctrination

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Read it again, Rex. I think you might be misunderstanding him. There is nothing that even relates to indoctrination
    Look back on the question about which surgeon, tell me what his answer was. Never can give a direct answer.

7. Member
    Look back on the question about which surgeon, tell me what his answer was. Never can give a direct answer.
    You loaded a question rather than using a fair comparison. He pointed that out, fairly. Why not use the comparison of two surgeons with equal experience but one is atheist and the other a christian?

8. Member
    You loaded a question rather than using a fair comparison. He pointed that out, fairly. Why not use the comparison of two surgeons with equal experience but one is atheist and the other a christian?
    Mram it is so easy for you and the believers to understand my answer.

The question was obviously loaded in such a way as to disparage the doctor who was a Christian.

I thought my response that the atheist at one time was an inexperienced surgeon was accurate.

You will notice Rex did not show a comparison of an experienced Christian surgeon to an inexperienced atheist surgeon.

Later Rex was perplexed that I answered a question with a question. He does this frequently but wants to call me out for it.

We absolutely need to pray for him.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

9. Member
    Please read post #22 for comparison of the questions. Not all questions in life are going to be apples to apples, and some will be presented as apples to lemons, so enjoy the apple while making the best lemonade you are capable.

10. Banned

The question was obviously loaded in such a way as to disparage the doctor who was a Christian.

I thought my response that the atheist at one time was an inexperienced surgeon was accurate.

You will notice Rex did not show a comparison of an experienced Christian surgeon to an inexperienced atheist surgeon.

Later Rex was perplexed that I answered a question with a question. He does this frequently but wants to call me out for it.

plainest I can make it.

You are in the hospital your closest loved one has grade 4 tumor that has to be removed now. there are 2 surgeons available.
    Your choice is:
    A. The top surgeon in his field with hundreds of successful surgery's under these conditions, he is a confirmed atheist
    B. A young surgeon, his first under these conditions, but believes the Lord will guide his hands.

Pick one.

11. Member
    plainest I can make it.

You are in the hospital your closest loved one has grade 4 tumor that has to be removed now. there are 2 surgeons available.
    Your choice is:
    A. The top surgeon in his field with hundreds of successful surgery's under these conditions, he is a confirmed atheist
    B. A young surgeon, his first under these conditions, but believes the Lord will guide his hands.

Pick one.
    The asnswer is obvious. Get a second opinion. 🛐🙏🏻✝️
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

12. Banned
    The asnswer is obvious. Get a second opinion. ✝️
    incredible, absolutely incredible.

The asnswer is obvious. Get a second opinion. ✝️
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

14. Member
    plainest I can make it.

Your choice is:

Pick one.
    Rex, you already know that the scenario isn’t a real life situation. Hospitals wouldn’t want the liability. But, in your hypothetical, I would go with the Dr that God leads me to. I would certainly pray with my family for Gods guidance and have faith in Him to do His Will. Praise the Lord that 1holeshot and other Christians have complete faith in our Lord and Savior.

15. Member
    The answer is simple and my family had to already face such scenario, though I pray that even someone like you Rex never has to make such a catch 22 choice. If your cancer has spread to stage 4 like my SIL in her stomach and intestines, the only chance of survival will not be from neither surgeons or surgery, regardless of their personal believes, but only if God is merciful in making you whole again. After many months of useless attempts with med treatments, she withered away to a shell of her formal self, yet in retrospect, much good came from such a horrible time in my family's life.

16. Member
    incredible, absolutely incredible.
    Don't ignore that I said I'd pick the most experienced doc. Now it's your turn. Do you take
    a. Christian doc with 20 years of successful surgeries, or
    b. Atheist new doc just out of med school?

17. Member

Rex has gotten plenty of prayer in the last year :) His knee surgery was a good opportunity for us to show we actually care. He'll come around :)

18. Member
    Sometimes I forget that Christians are not like salesmen. Salesmen only get credit for what they sell.

With the Gospel, we get credit for proclaiming the Gospel, irrespective of the response. For these reasons " we faint not".
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

19. Member
    Sometimes I forget that Christians are not like salesmen. Salesmen only get credit for what they sell.

With the Gospel, we get credit for proclaiming the Gospel, irrespective of the response. For these reasons " we faint not".
    Well said….

20. Member

Well said. Repent or perish. Simple message

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast