GT36 UHD Transducer Mount location

Adding a second graph to the console of my 2012 Ranger Z521 and trying to figure out the best place to mount the GT36 UHD transducer. Has anyone mounted one in the center of the jack plate off the plate where it boats to the transom of the boat? Transducer would be used for down and side scan only. I’m putting in the GT8 for 2D reading at speed.
    I was thinking I could hang a plate down to the proper height needed and mount the transducer, using the swivel bracket it came with, to that. Would there be any interference issues or anything else I should be worried about?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Mine is mounted on the hole shot plate with a TSS bracket but have seen them on transom also....it's a matter of where or how you want to mount it.....I think the brackets that they come with are plastic and that ducer is pretty big and heavy......personally I would not want to use the plastic bracket....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I just checked my box and it does have a plastic bracket. IMO, as much as these ducers cost, id spend the extra for a better bracket.. .

4. Member
    That’s a great point and a good idea.
    How do you like that hole shot plate? Could you tell the difference after you installed that?

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I've had two boats, first without hole shot plate and current boat with......I don't see a difference......it's convenient cause I can place the ducer on it.....

Here is the GT30 before i put on the GT36 but same location, same wedge with a TSS bracket.....

Last edited by fishin couillon; 09-11-2022 at 07:25 PM. Reason: added info

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I just checked my box and it does have a plastic bracket. IMO, as much as these ducers cost, id spend the extra for a better bracket.. .

I'd rather replace a $20.00 bracket than a $500 transducer if you back into something hard.

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK