Thread: Reverse lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reverse lights.

I'm looking to get some good bright reverse lights for my trailer. I was sold on BCB reverse lights until I saw how they mounted. They would be great if I had a C channel trailer but my My trailer is a dumb tube frame.

So I guess something slime and flush mount is the best. There are tons of options but most are on ebay and such. I'm sure those on ebay will turn yellow and short out in no time.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I don't understand! I have a tube trailer not by my choice and mounted backup lights.

CHAMP BUP LIGHTS 01.jpg
    CHAMP BUP LIGHTS 02.jpg

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    I don't understand! I have a tube trailer not by my choice and mounted backup lights.

CHAMP BUP LIGHTS 01.jpg
    CHAMP BUP LIGHTS 02.jpg
    Thats what I thought about doing. I'm afraid that I won't drill the holes on the trailer in the same spot on the tube

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Thats what I thought about doing. I'm afraid that I won't drill the holes on the trailer in the same spot on the tube
    Ohhhh I understand! Measure 4 times drill once! Depends on how the trailer is made I only had to drill 1 hole through each side of the tube then there was a flat bracket that I used as part of the mounting.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

I would drill and tap it. Use a fine thread, 10-32 or 1/4-28.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

The light I linked replaces your tail/stop light.... No drilling. Thanks for clicking the link and watching the video... I spent the time to respond to your post and you don't investigate?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    The light I linked replaces your tail/stop light.... No drilling. Thanks for clicking the link and watching the video... I spent the time to respond to your post and you don't investigate?
    I watched the video. I replied to your post several years ago. Life got in the I never got around to it.

9. Member
    https://www.rigidlightshop.com/p-286...ndustries.aspx

I have these and they are really bright! Love them!

10. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes250r View Post

I need bright. . . but 400 bucks???

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes250r View Post

$400.00

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

Thanks for all the replies..I went a head and got these. I mean they mount to stock location with no drilling or anything.

Those are nice but wouldn't work as well for me because the stop/turn/running lights are mounted almost 45 deg. to the outside which help see what is on the sides of the trailer but not so good behind it. Either way you'll be happy you've done it.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Those are nice but wouldn't work as well for me because the stop/turn/running lights are mounted almost 45 deg. to the outside which help see what is on the sides of the trailer but not so good behind it. Either way you'll be happy you've done it.

You might be surprised... They flood well.

I put these on the back of my trailer mounted them to the support bar. It's been 3 yrs and still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOSAVER88-L...%2C177&sr=1-59
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Thanks for all the replies..I went a head and got these. I mean they mount to stock location with no drilling or anything.

Post pics and your opinion...

You might be surprised... They flood well.
    Yeap maybe did the cheap amazon led floods worked well. See above post

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I put these on the back of my trailer mounted them to the support bar. It's been 3 yrs and still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOSAVER88-L...%2C177&sr=1-59
    Got em on my Mule to light up the bed.....4+ years now and still going strong.

Post pics and your opinion...
    I currently have a 5 flat pin connector connected to a 7 blade adapter plug. I will remove the 5 pin and I'm installing a new 7 pin cable.

Do you think it would be best to run a new wire connecting to the center aux pin or just run a wire and tap into the blue brake wire?

I currently have a 5 flat pin connector connected to a 7 blade adapter plug. I will remove the 5 pin and I'm installing a new 7 pin cable.

Do you think it would be best to run a new wire connecting to the center aux pin or just run a wire and tap into the blue brake wire?
    Do you already have back-up lights ? If so, you can just tap into the wire at the rear and not need to run a new wire or change your adaptor.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast