Thread: Reverse lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Na. No back up lights. The only thing my trailer is equipped with is surge breaks so I have the blue wire that goes to that goes to the reverse actuator
    Last edited by Tim W; 09-13-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    just run a wire and tap into the blue brake wire?
    Yes.... No need to change anything. I prefer the 5 flat so most anybody could tow you in a pinch.... Even those with the round 7 plug with the adapter.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Since my truck only has a 7 pin and a 4 pin ima do a 7. The whole adapter thing looks bad. Iv been wanting to change it for years

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Do any of you with backup / reverse lights get complaints from others using the ramps along side you? Are your lights angled downward or do they not interfere with others on the ramp at the same time? The majority of the ramps that I use are double occupancy or greater.

I would like to install some sort of backup lighting, but assumed I would need to angle them down, so as not to blind others using the ramp at the same time. That has me hesitant to get the turn, stop, reverse, and backup light in one option, but that is the route I would prefer to go.

Thanks for any input!

No I have all led trailer but still unplug the harness before I dunk the trailer. I wanted the backup lights for everywhere else than the ramp.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Mine are not "Blinding" at all.... Never had one complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Mine are not "Blinding" at all.... Never had one complaint.
    I haven't put em in yet. I'll do that this weekend. I did hook up a 12 volt source to the yellow wire and the ground. The reverse lights are pretty bright. Just one lit up my whole garage. I'm looking forward to having them

For the life of me I could not get the taillight/ reverse lights to function correctly.

I ended up putting bass cat style lights on. Not what I wanted but turned out nice. They are really bright.

Oh well... I tried to help. I should have called you on the phone. You can still put the others on and have both... Once you figure out what you were doing wrong. Or you could send them to me for "back up lights" Pun intended....

Quote Originally Posted by Katfishbb View Post
    Do any of you with backup / reverse lights get complaints from others using the ramps along side you? Are your lights angled downward or do they not interfere with others on the ramp at the same time? The majority of the ramps that I use are double occupancy or greater.

I would like to install some sort of backup lighting, but assumed I would need to angle them down, so as not to blind others using the ramp at the same time. That has me hesitant to get the turn, stop, reverse, and backup light in one option, but that is the route I would prefer to go.

Thanks for any input!
    I added one extra light on mine and angled it down.
    It's extremely bright and I didn't want to blind someone at multi lane ramps.

Yea you did. I appreciate it too. I'm not done w em yet. I refuse to be defeated. I don't get it. These pod lights are wired the exact same way as the other were(in fact its the same wire I used on the others)

I'm wondering if the bullet connector on the light has some sort of resistor in it. I cut the factory bullet connector off and put spade connectors on bc thar what I had.

or the life of me I could not get the taillight/ reverse lights to function correctly.

I ended up putting bass cat style lights on. Not what I wanted but turned out nice. They are really bright.

You can still mount them and then tap into the POS wire on those back up lights.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Nope. That's the issue. As long as the back up wire on the lights are plugged in I'm not getting any taillights. There's something going on inside the light itself that's not playing nice with the reverse light feature.

What color are the wires, you may have them switched which would be giving you a short to ground.
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

Thats what i thought too. Like maybe my 3 prong plug was different The lights have a dedicated reverse wire. As far as the plug goes it takes a standard male 3 trailer plug

Test the new lights across a battery, like the truck battery. This will show you which wire is the POS, then just lay the light on the ground or stool and attach it to the existing back up light POS to POS and NEG to NEG. See if that still causes you tail light to go dim. What you're describing is a short to ground.
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12