connect mega live to helix 9 g3n

I bought a used mega live , it came with a ethernet cable, I am trying to connect the mega live directly to the helix 9
    I tried using the ethernet cable, when I put the mega live in the water, it put a message up saying that it is not in the water, ordered apater cable AS EC QDE it would not connect to the mega live transducer cable, the mega live cable requires a male connection and the adapter cable has a female end, also with the ethernet cable connect (n0t going through a switch) and looking at the acessory view it would not show the mega live connect.
    what kind of adapter cable do I need to connect directly to the helix 9, will the adapter cablr used to connected a helic unit to a minnkota mega inging transducer work. also could not update software because the unit would not recoginize the mega live bob

To connect an Ethernet cable to a Helix requires the AS EC QDE Ethernet Adapter due to the quick disconnect feature of the cable connections.
    MEGA LIVE is an Ethernet connection and has nothing to do with any other transducer or their connection.
    You have to use an Ethernet cable between the MEGA LIVE Ethernet cord and either an Ethernet Switch or AS EC QDE.
    It comes with a 20' Ethernet cable AS EC 20E.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I ordered a as ce qde cable it will not connect to my mega live transducer. the mega live transducer cable has a female end and the
    as ec qde also has a female end and will not connect. can I use a ethernet cable to connect both the helix 9 and the mega live together bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobimo View Post
    I ordered a as ce qde cable it will not connect to my mega live transducer. the mega live transducer cable has a female end and the
    as ec qde also has a female end and will not connect. can I use a ethernet cable to connect both the helix 9 and the mega live together bob
    The AS EC QDE has a MALE plug (those pin things). So does the LIVE Ethernet cord. An Ethernet cable has two female ends.

Already stated you HAVE to use an Ethernet cable between the Adapter and LIVE. Next to last sentence in post #2.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL