Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    That F2 two speed winch is a beast! Miss my old Ranger with it, TM loading no problem with that winch.

2. Member
    For the safety strap. I'm almost afraid to say it lol kidding. I got one from a Nitro. It's a heavy duty strap with a hook and attaches to the trailer. We have a lot of electric lakes around me. I load all the time with the trolling motor. All good advice here. One thing I do is, as soon as I pull the trolling motor, move quick to the back of the boat. Gives you those few extra inches onto the trailer. Really helps sometimes on certain ramps

Here is my little tip to this. Don't go at 100% when putting boat on the trailer. I fish electric only lakes on occasion. So I have done this a bunch of times. So this time I was running at about 75-80% thinking the speed will help put the boat on the trailer. I usually go slower, but was in a hurry. At the speed I was traveling when I tried to pull up on the lift cord there was too much resistance. It wouldn't pull up. Now it's getting close. I pulled harder and harder. The cord broke. I crashed on my back on the edge of the center seat. Trolling motor got in between bunks. Was a big fiasco. I ended up going for X-Rays. Back hurt so bad I couldn't lay down on the table. They had to take them with me standing up.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

4. Member
    So I finally got around to it. And it does make a difference. I appreciate the advice and help. Now my question is about the bow eye. I've always run the boat up on the trailer until the bow eye hits the roller like most guys I know. Read in the Ranger manual to stop a little short so it's not touching. Using the winch without the big motor I could go either way. I've heard some say what I've been doing can damage the bow eye. Thoughts about this?

IMG_9742.jpeg

5. Member
    I always stop a bit short personally. The way my boat loads though the nose is right on the roller then its really comes up to get onto the roller. I am always paranoid about hitting and damaging if the nose didn't go right up on it, so i stop just short and hand crank the last like 1'. With the Fulton F2 its just easy as heck to do. Then I know I cant hurt it.

As a side note, consider a Stoltz bow roller another boat friendly item. They are a sponsor here I believe.

6. Member
    I never hit the bump under power. I just get it close then use my Fulton F2 to finish it up.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

7. Member
    Got it. And that’s a stoltz on it. Another great recommendation from bbc friends!

8. Member
    Very sorry, I let the color throw me.

9. Member
    No worries. I think the camera has fish slime on it! Color of the boat might also make it look off color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12