Trailering While Covered

Trailering while covered!!!!!

I’ve had 6 Nitros’s Z9’s to the 2023 Z21xl, so I have quite a bit of experience with the boat and cover. I always buy a dual console boat with a dual console cover. Problem is, I mainly run w only the drivers side console in the boat. So when I’m towing the passenger side of the cover just flaps around and nvr really seems to get tight In the middle. Is anyone making a modification to make the cover be more tight going down the road?? You see some other boat brands w covers so tight that you can bounce a coin off then going down the highway

any thoughts??

2. Member
    I suppose a tarp shop could make some adjustments to it, but then it might now work with the 2nd console? The first thought I had was to put a beach ball under the cover when only using the single console.

3. Member
    I buy an exercise ball - they come in many different sizes and can be inflated to just about any size in between. I will use a couple of them to prevent pooling. Works even when trailering and never had a problem with them shifting while on the move.
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT

This might be where a support pole would come into play. never thought about towing with one though.

I have always ordered dual console boats, but I have never removed the console. Waiting on my 2023 to come in.

wonder if you could sew on a strap that cinches it up when not towing with the 2nd console in.
    Last edited by BMCD; 09-13-2022 at 12:41 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Do you absolutely have to tow with the cover on? I understand at times its nice when the roads are wet, but its always harder on the cover and the boat to tow with it on.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I got a 2021 Z20 and it came with a pole you cut to fit and a plate in cover to use it if you don't have 2nd console in. I can't stand dual consoles and had the dealer remove it before we left with it. Normally only use cover at night but couple months ago when coming back from vacation in WI. it was pouring rain so I left it on and it made the 850 mile trip back no problems. Is the stock Outer Armour black and white nitro cover.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS34 View Post
    I got a 2021 Z20 and it came with a pole you cut to fit and a plate in cover to use it if you don't have 2nd console in. I can't stand dual consoles and had the dealer remove it before we left with it. Normally only use cover at night but couple months ago when coming back from vacation in WI. it was pouring rain so I left it on and it made the 850 mile trip back no problems. Is the stock Outer Armour black and white nitro cover.
    Same thing on my 2022 Z21

8. Member
    Our 2021 Z19 came with a support pole for using the cover without the passenger console. Have not used it yet, so no personal experience.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI