Praying BEST PLACE TO BUY A YAMAHA TRIM SENDER?

My trim readings come and go! I'm going to take a chance and replace the trim sender. Prices for trim senders seem to be all over the place. Can anybody recommend the best place to get the best price on one. It could be the gauge but I have to start with the sender because to change the gauge in my SKEETER looks almost impossible to get at and to find the same gauge. Thanks!

2. Member
    Before you buy a trim sender, did you rotate the cam sender at the outboard? What model year and make?

3. Member
    The cam sender is held on by 2 screws. I don't see any way you could rotate it! I can move the little arm up and down. some times the needle on the gauge goes up and down other time the needle doesn't move, it just freezes. Sometimes if you wait all of a sudden the needle will move by it self without moving any thing. It's weird! It's a Yamaha SHO 150.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RDOCK View Post
    The cam sender is held on by 2 screws. I don't see any way you could rotate it! I can move the little arm up and down. some times the needle on the gauge goes up and down other time the needle doesn't move, it just freezes. Sometimes if you wait all of a sudden the needle will move by it self without moving any thing. It's weird! It's a Yamaha SHO 150.
    Erratic movement like that is a sign of a loose or dirty ground

5. Member
    The wires from the sender go into the engine and their is no way they are loose or dirty. I've traced them as far as I can and have found nothing loose!