Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Praying for the 17 year old! Did what he had to, but going to have to live with it.

Last edited by 250bassFL; 09-10-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Sad thing for him to have to do. But it’s kill or be killed. They knew the consequences and were probably prepared to do so when they broke in. They had it coming.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    I hope he doesn’t lose too much sleep or get traumatized at all. It can’t be easy but absolutely did right and protected his family.

4. Member
    He should not lose sleep over putting a POS criminal down.

5. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

6. Member
    Better them than him

7. Member
    Question for Texas people. It said in the news article the sheriff was going to present the shooting to the Grand Jury. Is this SOP? Seems to me it should be an open and shut case of self-defense since the perps were masked and trying to force their way in.

8. Member
    He did what he had to do and most likely kept his friends or family from being victimized. Pray that he doesn't get traumatized by this.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    Question for Texas people. It said in the news article the sheriff was going to present the shooting to the Grand Jury. Is this SOP? Seems to me it should be an open and shut case of self-defense since the perps were masked and trying to force their way in.
    Same thing I was thinking.

10. Member
    Why is a good guy with a gun a 17 year old man, but when it's bad guys with guns it's 24 year old kids? Sorry, don't want to soapbox, but stupid writing...

Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

My friend’s mother shot a guy 5 times with a .38 at point blank after he put a knife to her throat. She told me she never lost one minute of sleep over that. It was him or her and she wasnt going to be a victim
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

13. Member
    Sounds like the 17 year old saved a few good lives. Kudos to the 17 year old.

14. Member
    Tragic that the 17 year old has to go through this but he did what he had to.

Its amazing to me that people will try to forcefully break into a strangers home. Its one of the craziest things to me. A lot of dumb people in this country. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
    Its amazing to me that people will try to forcefully break into a strangers home. Its one of the craziest things to me. A lot of dumb people in this country. A lot.
    I investigated hundreds of armed home invasions in my career and in the VAST majority of cases they were NOT entering the homes of strangers. Most of our armed home invasions that we investigated in South Chicago were “Dope Rips”. In other words….they were going into the house to steal large quantities of drugs and or drug proceeds.

I am certainly NOT implying that this was the case in this particular incident, since I only know what I just read in the link.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    When I went through my CCW class 18-19 years ago one day was spent with a lawyer and he made it a point to tell us that even if we’re justified, be prepared to be detained and spend the night in jail while things are being sorted out. Michigan is a stand your ground state. It kind of deterred me from getting my ccw.

18. Member
    Good for the 17 year old.

19. Member
    Do we know or did I miss what the bad guy's were after? Did the 17 year old know them?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Do we know or did I miss what the bad guy's were after? Did the 17 year old know them?
    No but this is the internet so we must jump to a conclusion before all the facts are known to get our bonus points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast