Need Help with Livewell timer

Hello
    I picked up a 98 tr-21 and on my switches there is a manual and timed switch for livewell I'm assuming. When I put both recirculating pumps on there is a small dial switch that has two parts one that pulls out and turns and one that just turn. it does say sensitivity and off. I am trying to figure out where and how this switch should be when using timer. attached is pic. lower right side of pic is the dial I'm trying to figure out thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Are you sure that has to do with livewell. I have always known that the timed switch is either on or off. I think that had to do with a dash mounted sonar flasher.

3. Member
    no not really sure but that is a possibility. there is a timer switch right under the hour meter. could it be possible that its a set timer that can't be adjusted?

4. Member
    The knob you are referring to is for a flasher, not anything to do with the livewell

5. Member
    That is the livewell timer switch which is a preset time built in

6. Member
    So... What is the preset time? Ive always just used manual cuz i didnt wanna take the risk of recirc pumps not runnin enough? (I have an 03 tr21) So basically the same.

7. Member
    I have a 98 TR20 with the same dash buttons,

The MAN/TIMED works the Livewell pump in only, it is not hooked up to the recirculating pump,

The recirculating pump runs constant with no timer attached to it.

And the sensitivity knob is for a in dash Lowrance Flasher, mine still works
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO

8. Member
    Team Mud
    Thank you I am wondering if there is a way to switch the timer over to the recirculating pump? the guy I bought it from told me the sensitivity switch was for live wells. also told me flasher didn't work and after your post I got it working and found a puck style transducer glued inside the hull and I'm figuring its for the flasher.

9. Member
    Yea I thought the same thing, putting a timer on the recirculating pump, but every time I remove that dash panel and see all those wires, kind of scary working behind that panel, never seen so many wires in one area.
    Its not a bad thing to have the recirculating pump to run all the time, I've never killed the battery, I don't think the pump draw that much power from the batteries.
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO

10. Member
    My triton has both recirc & livewell (2 ea) on the rigrite #520 timer. The 2003 tr20x wiring chart on the triton website shows how it is wired in. My 2007 wiring is 100% consistent with the 2004 x series chart…..I bet yours will be too. Cannot recall if mine is a 3 or 4 pin.

If your recirc pump switch is wired directly ….. you could simply terminate that 12v wire & tap into the orange/ tan wire that provides power to the aerator pump switch. Just make sure the timer circuit breaker is 10 amps. 10 amps is the max the rigrite timer can handle but is sufficient to run 2 aerators & 2 recirc pumps (according to wire diagram).
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

11. Member
    Lightning,
    mine does have two recirc and two livewell also. I'm a little unsure looking at all the connections like Mud stated. Im going to see if your second paragraph will work and crossing my fingers I can come up with something. just not sure why the livewell fill is the only thing on a timer, just doesn't seem right. I can't seem to find a 1998 tr 21 livewell diagram, gonna call triton in morning to see if they have anything.

12. Member
    TeamMud, my feelings too with the scary feeling.

13. Member
    You’ll figure it out. Just take your time, take photos before you move anything, and use a multimeter to test before removing any wires from any switch.

Shoot me pics & I’ll try to talk you thru it.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

14. Member
    So I took pics and noticed that the fill switch that has the timer attached to it is getting its power from the timer, so I removed the orange from fill and plugged into the recirc switch and now I have timer working on both recirc pumps. I took the orange tan wire from recirc pumps power and put onto fill switch. all works livewell wise but.........here is my issue now and not sure if its part of this switch or not. I turned fill pump switch on and when I hit the horn button the pump slowed down as If the volts were taken from that and sent to horn. any idea what this could be.

15. Member
    Everything at the console is tied into the same pos & neg bus bars….so it is probably a loose or corroded connection. Not uncommon in a 24 yo boat. Personally, I wouldn’t sweat it.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

16. Member
    that's what I was figuring. not gonna use horn and fill at same time lol.