2008 210 live well operating procedure

Is there a sequence or instructions for operating the live wells? I have a 2008 210 with one open/close valve to the side of the drivers seat. Does it get opened to fill while running or pump in?

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    That is the drain valve control. Open drains the livewell and Closed allows it to hold water. The upper left button runs the Aerate pump that pulls water in from the lake. It is either on or off, not timed function. Once the desired water level is obtained it needs to be turned off, the button to the right of the Aerate is the Starboard Recirculate switch. It is a dual position switch where the first push turns the pump on full time (On). The 2nd push turns on the timer (Auto). The timer is set by Software to run 2 min and off 2 min off. The button under the Starboard Recirc is the Port Recirculate. It operates just like the Starboard. The button to the left of the Port Recirc is the Livewell Pump out for filling your tournament bag. Drain the livewell with the drain control to the right of the driver seat.

Having the drain open while sitting still will allow water in the livewell to fill to the outside water level. Drain open while running will siphon the water out through the drain. So if you have fish in the livewell, the drain should be closed. For large fish, 24" or more, you may want to remove the plexiglass partition if they don't have enough room to move.

The way I operate is leave the drain open until I reach my first spot or catch my first fish. I'll close the drain at that point and fill the livewell to the desired level. Once that is reached, turn on the Recirc to Auto. I also add chemical with the first fish. On real hot days, I use a 1/2-gallon jug of frozen water to cool the livewell in the opposite side of the livewell.

Keypad.jpg
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 09-10-2022 at 10:02 AM.

3. Member
    Thanks, it appears I hate water leaking from the live well into the hull. I’m guessing it’s a live well fitting or the hose from the pump to the live well.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    If it's leaking when you have water in the livewells, I would look for a leak around the pumpout pump. There is a PVC T fitting in the drain line the Tees to the pump. The pump could have a cracked housing a loose hose or the valve could be cracked. Think you're going to have to get into the bilge, close the drain and run a garden hose into the livewell and look for leaks. It could possibly be one of the recirculation pump housings.

Mine had a cracked pump housing on the Aerate pump that fills the livewell, so any time I put my boat in the water, it would start leaking into the bilge.

5. Member
    Dove into the bilge today and found the aerate pump housing was cracked at the 90* elbow and leaking into the bilge. I'm going to replace both while i have it open but i cant find what GPH the original "Hi-Flow Aerator pump" is. I would rather stick with the original size but i that 500 GPH or 800 GPH which is all I find options for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    If it's leaking when you have water in the livewells, I would look for a leak around the pumpout pump. There is a PVC T fitting in the drain line the Tees to the pump. The pump could have a cracked housing a loose hose or the valve could be cracked. Think you're going to have to get into the bilge, close the drain and run a garden hose into the livewell and look for leaks. It could possibly be one of the recirculation pump housings.

Mine had a cracked pump housing on the Aerate pump that fills the livewell, so any time I put my boat in the water, it would start leaking into the bilge.

6. Member
    Couple pics below from todays bilge dive. I've decided to replace both Aerators but don't know which ones to use. What size is the current, 500gph or 800? Stick with Rule, Go with Atwood, or go with other brand? Are my notes on the bilge pic accurate?
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Regarding Aerators, I think it is 500. If you go more powerful, you can pump in more than the overflow can handle…resulting in very wet rear deck carpet!

Hmm, I stand corrected….
    Last edited by Lea; 09-18-2022 at 11:24 AM.

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchesley View Post
    Couple pics below from todays bilge dive. I've decided to replace both Aerators but don't know which ones to use. What size is the current, 500gph or 800? Stick with Rule, Go with Atwood, or go with other brand? Are my notes on the bilge pic accurate?
    If that pump is on the back of the livewell, it's one of the 2 Hydro pumps. If that's the case, 500 gph will be plenty since you're just recirculating from the bottom of the livewell back up to the PowerStream aerator. The Aerate pump is the one that fills the livewell. On that one, I'd go 800. That's a large livewell on the 210 and the overflow is 1 1/8". I've started changing over to SPX Flow which is the old Mayfair then Johnson pumps. Mayfair was the OEM on Champs through the 90s and I think are just better

9. Member
    What do you think of the Tsunami pumps by Atwood? I'm not finding a pump that is the same set up as the pump out style i currently have. Its on a bracket with no port at the bottom but only a side port going into a Tee for the livewell pump out. Have you replaced that one? Being that these all look original I'm planning on replacing them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    If that pump is on the back of the livewell, it's one of the 2 Hydro pumps. If that's the case, 500 gph will be plenty since you're just recirculating from the bottom of the livewell back up to the PowerStream aerator. The Aerate pump is the one that fills the livewell. On that one, I'd go 800. That's a large livewell on the 210 and the overflow is 1 1/8". I've started changing over to SPX Flow which is the old Mayfair then Johnson pumps. Mayfair was the OEM on Champs through the 90s and I think are just better

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've not changed a pumpout pump. I think the PVC T has female threads that the pump screws into. Is that pump cracked or broken? If not, I'd go with just swapping the cartridge. If you need to replace the pump, then I still recommend SPX Flow.

Cartridge Aerator Pumps (spxflow.com)

Cartridges for your Rule pumps are in my post pinned at the top of the Champion forum, Champion Information and OEM Links for more Champ info. Scroll down to Rule Replacement Pump Motors.