Finesse spinning rod techniques

I have a couple spinning rod set ups, that i'm just not utilizing. I believe i have a 7' Medium power with a fast action, and i believe i have a 7' Medium power, with an extra fast action. Never really been much of a finesse bait fisherman. Back home, in New Hampshire i did use a dropshot set up, but that was the extent of my finesse set ups on a spinning rod. Can someone help me figure out, what i can use these spinning rods for, down here in florida? I have read articles/watched videos on throwing a Jerkbait on a spinning rod. All my Jerkbaits are either a 110 or the Stunna 112. I do have a spinning rod set up with a small SK BX Brat crankbait on it, and it seemed to work ok, but didn't seem like i was getting a good hook set with it. I know shakey head is a technique, that i can throw on a spinning rod, but where i am fairly new to finesse fishing, haven't found a shakey head jighead, that would work good in grass. Watched a video, and they were more or less, dragging the shakey head on the bottom, and every so often, would give it a shake. What shakey head jigs work best in grass? Not big on fishing Tubes, Ned rig, Neko rig, Tokyo rig, and just can't seem to get myself convinced that using a dropshot down here, is for me. I'm hoping someone, with some knowledge/background on finesse fishing here in florida can shed some light on what to throw on the medium power with either a fast action or extra fast action. Thanks guys.
    2004 Ranger 185VS
    150 Evinrude
    2 Lowrance 12" graphs
    Daiwa Rods & Reels
    Favorite saying "JUST 1 MORE".

2. Member
    Use those rods with your finesse worms and trick worms.

3. Member
    Never thought of that. I have my mag worms and speed worms on my baitcasters. Just wondering if those spinning rods will have enuf backbone to get a biggin' up out of the grass? Thats my main concern, hence why i've always fished most worms on BC set ups. I fish braid, exclusively anyways, whether its spinning rods or baitcasting rods. I usually use a fluoro leader. Any suggestions on leader size? I'm thinking 12 lb test.
    2004 Ranger 185VS
    150 Evinrude
    2 Lowrance 12" graphs
    Daiwa Rods & Reels
    Favorite saying "JUST 1 MORE".

4. Member
    1/8 (spch8bu) or 3/16 (spch216bu) pro slider head & zoom finesse or zoom trick worms. 30 lb super slick v2. Fantastic set-up for skipping docks. You can fish the slider as a tx rig, or simply reel it in very slowly.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC