2005 196 auto bildge pump question

Ok so I just purchased boat in April and have been working bugs out of it. My aut bildge does not work! The float is busted and has came apart but if I check both sides of the float wires there is no power on either of the wires. Would like my auto to work also. Any help would be appreciated
    2005 champion 196 oh what a ride

I don't know but if it was me I would wire the float switch as a ground circuit.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The float in a Champ switches the 12v to one of the bilge pumps. One of the wires is tied to the positive post on the cranking battery through a 5A fuse. The other wire goes to the brown wire on the pump.

The issue I am seeing is I have no power to the float our the pump. May just wire it direct

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    There should be a fuse going to the battery, probably within 6" of the battery. May be an orange/green wire. On a 2007 (don't have an 05 drawing) looks like the other wire from the float switch goes back to the Bilge switch the goes top each pump via a 5A circuit breaker. So on the 07, the float connects to the pump side of the Bilge switch, splits, each goes through a 5A breaker and then to the pumps. Once the float operates, the voltage is switched to the pump.

So the question is, do the bilge pumps run with the switch? If not, check the 2 breakers at the console. If they do run with the switch, check the 5A fuse near the battery. if it's good, the float switch is probably bad.

2007 CX.jpg

The standard bilge works with switch the othe bilge does not and it is just a 2 wire bilge also