Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Know A Custom Bass Boat Trailer Builder?

Does anyone know a company building custom bass boat trailers right now? I need a new trailer for a Champion 221 .... preferably aluminum. EZ Loader made the original and I'm told they have the original specs. I have been trying thru a dealer for 2 yrs now and they still tell me they won't take custom trailer orders at the moment. After three times contacting Coastline I finally reached a live person and after several messages, no response. Also, Coastline won't ship. I called Tennessee Trailer 2 days ago and no response. I live in Minnesota and will pay shipping. I have a decent diagram of my existing trailer and can add to it if a builder requests. Any leads?

2. Member
    Sport trail in Mississippi might build one

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Brunswick Trailer and Marine 910-253-7700
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

4. Member
    Ameritrail in Fl.

5. Member
    Strongback is amazing
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    Take a looky here..........

https://trailmastertrailers.com/

7. Member
    This company has built many trailers for Champions:

https://tn-trailer.com/

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Take a looky here..........

They built me a trailer about 10 years ago and it was real nice and never rusted.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

9. Member
    You can try Tex-All Aluminum Fabrication in Montgomery TX. They build aluminum boat trailers.
    281-802-9151

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball;[URL="tel:12667913"
    12667913[/URL]]Take a looky here..........

When I talked too them about building one for my Triton, they said they could. Just couldn’t deal directly too the public. Had to go through a dealer. Gilliams marine is close by Marine Master and they handled the transaction.
    97 TR21 99 225EFI S/N OG885575

11. Member
    Jay, did you have to take your trailer in for measurements? How did you spec it? So far I've been told no by Easy Loader, no response from Tennessee Trailers, and three phone conversations with Coastline after I sent a drawing and then they stopped responding. I'm going to start with some of the other suggestions on here now but I'm wondering how do specify the trailer when it is long distance? Thanks!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    This company has built many trailers for Champions:

https://tn-trailer.com/
    +1

13. Member
    What’s some pricing y’all seen recently for a top of the line double axle trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by dcbluewater;[URL="tel:12681066"
    12681066[/URL]]Jay, did you have to take your trailer in for measurements? How did you spec it? So far I've been told no by Easy Loader, no response from Tennessee Trailers, and three phone conversations with Coastline after I sent a drawing and then they stopped responding. I'm going to start with some of the other suggestions on here now but I'm wondering how do specify the trailer when it is long distance? Thanks!
    I did not, MFI made the original trailer, marine master started making them for Triton later on. The engineer I talked too at the plant said they have all the prints for every Triton trailer made.

But you’d have too talk too them personally to see if they have the prints or can get the prints for your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by boboh110 View Post
    What’s some pricing y’all seen recently for a top of the line double axle trailer?
    My trailer in the spring of 2019 was $4500. I’d hate too see what’d it’d be today….

5,000-8,500

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

17. Member
    Huge price difference 5-8k a C channel with all the bells and whistles like one would want would be 8?

Quote Originally Posted by boboh110 View Post
    Huge price difference 5-8k a C channel with all the bells and whistles like one would want would be 8?
    I agree but 2 different companies C-channel, tandem axles nothing fancy on either other than I think the higher one includes better winch and jack. Still looking.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by dcbluewater View Post
    Does anyone know a company building custom bass boat trailers right now? I need a new trailer for a Champion 221 .... preferably aluminum. EZ Loader made the original and I'm told they have the original specs. I have been trying thru a dealer for 2 yrs now and they still tell me they won't take custom trailer orders at the moment. After three times contacting Coastline I finally reached a live person and after several messages, no response. Also, Coastline won't ship. I called Tennessee Trailer 2 days ago and no response. I live in Minnesota and will pay shipping. I have a decent diagram of my existing trailer and can add to it if a builder requests. Any leads?

https://www.kokopellitrailers.com has built aluminum trailers for several friends, they are pretty slick, based out of AZ.

If you go steel.... Hands Down Adrenaline Trailer. https://www.instagram.com/adrenalinetrailers/?hl=en https://adrenalinetrailers.com/ These guys build the "cat's meow"

Trailers are way more than they used to be...when I had my trailer built I had some sticker shock and that was in 2020, last aluminum I bought was in 2018 for a slightly smaller boat and I was nearly $8k into it.

I can set you up with a shipper, have a buddy that hauls powerboats all around the country and works with both of those companies.

20. Member
    I heard back from Kokopelli. Very quick response. Trailer was $7200 which was less than I expected and ok but the shipping was $1800. I'm still haven't heard back from the others I contacted. If you can send me the name of your shipping person I'll see if I can get the cost down. In the mean time I'll try some of the others on here. Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast