Alpha Angler Zilla Vaader

Anyone have any experience with the New Zilla Vaader from Alpha? I'm looking around for a nice sensitive rod to throw football jigs in 8'-10' of water.I was also looking at the Hitter for the extra length.

2. Member
    I own both and both are great. Vaader blew me away. What weight football jig would you be throwing?

3. Member
    I've got both as well, if you've used the zilla, the tip is a lot more moderate on the Vaader than the zilla or the hitter. I personally prefer the hitter for football jigs because of the length and the faster tip. I use the Vaader for for all my texas rigs and shakey heads because I'm usually not have to drive as heavy of a hook.

4. Member
    I’ve been very happy with their spinning rods. I don’t own any of their casting models. Be nice to hear others thoughts
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    How is the sensativity on the Hitter.?

6. Member
    I owned a Zilla few years back it was my wobble head rod. Even with 3/4oz tungsten I thought sensitivity was average when fishing 10ft or less over gravel. I'm looking for a dedicated dark sleeper rod very tempted by the Zilla Vaader but past experience is making it difficult to pull the trigger. Does the Vaader offer that big of a jump?

7. Member
    I have a Hitter. Not sure where you normally fish but you're more than welcome to try it out if we cross paths while fishing.
    2022 Falcon F195