Thread: 2010 Yamaha Sho

2010 Yamaha Sho

I was wondering if there were any 2010 Sho still out there running without a replacement powerhead, I just bought one with a cracked head, has low hours.

2. Member
    kind of a common thing with them for one reason or the other its 12 years old nothing runs forever.

3. Member
    doubtful- I had one and in 2016-2017 Yamaha basically put out a recall - (I don't know if they officially called it a recall, I don't think they did), But - they pretty much offered to replace all those year model powerbeads under warranty. Mind had 300 hours and never had a lick of problems but Yamaha replaced it none the less for only the cost of new filters and oil. I would imagine almost everyone took advantage of that - I doubt there are many out there from 2010-2011 that didn't and are still all original unless they just had no idea or weren't using it at the time and it was in storage or something.

4. Member
    I bought a block that had a cracked head on it. I had a 2017 block that was bad, so I used the heads off it. The 2010 block had 136 hours on it , looks new. I couldn’t figure why it hadn’t been changed out unless he didn’t know. The head didn’t drain the water out and froze.

5. Member
    Interesting.

The 4.2 liter long block is used on non SHO models and is considered by many to be one of the best Yams ever produced.

6. Member
    I have a 2010 250 SHO on a used boat that I bought last year. The prior owner had replaced the power head twice, both times under warranty. He had the documentation to prove it. The last replacement was in 2018, and he believed there was some change to the power head made in 2017 that addressed whatever problem caused his issues, but I obviously can't say for certain that he was correct about that.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2010 Yamaha 250 SHO
    10in Atlas Hydraulic, 10ft PP blades