Thread: Philly

Philly

Clinton report? Looking like I'll be down next weekend
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

I had the USA BASS’N Regional tournament at Rend today, so I was down there since Thursday. I’ll be back on Clinton tomorrow, so I’ll post a report tomorrow night or Monday morning.

I fished for awhile this evening (Monday 9/12). The lake is down at least a foot and the water temp is starting to drop as a result of the cooler nights that we have been having. I idled into Rt. 10 Cove first but I didn’t see any Shad near the surface of on my graphs by time that I reached the standing timber, so I baled on that idea without making a cast. The wind was sort of Northwest so I ran over to Jungle Cove to see if it was maybe blowing into there. Once I got there, I discovered that it was, in fact blowing directly into the mouth of Jungle and it was already looking a LOT better than 10 Cove. I started seeing Shad right in the mouth, so I shut down and started fish’n my way in. I only had about 2 hours of daylight to fish and I ended up spending it all in Jungle. I caught 3 keepers and several short fish but nothing that was over 3 lbs. All of the keepers bit a 3/8 oz jig and I lost a big fish on the same jig. All of these fish were on laydowns in 1-3’ and they were all caught in the front half of Jungle. I fished all the way to the back and caught a few small fish in the back end on a spinnerbait, but I stopped seeing Shad once I was about halfway in, so I’m sure that had a lot to do with it. I’m taking one of the guys from BBC fish’n tomorrow, so I’ll post some better info tomorrow night or Weds and then I’m heading back to Rend Lake for the BFL Super Tournament this weekend.

4. Member
    That’s some good “juice”, right there!!
    I’ve never been there, and don’t plan on going,
    but if I was, I’d call u first.

5. Member
    Sorry for the past reply. Thank You as always for a great look as to what's going on on your home pond!

I saw that there were a bunch of permits for Clinton last weekend, so we ended up going to Springfield instead. Had a handful on Saturday, all on black-n-blue vibrating jig with a South African cutter craw trailer. Cast to the end of isolated wood, and they would whack it on the fall. Every bite was the same.

Hope to make Clinton in October for a weekend
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

Quote Originally Posted by HOGIE View Post
    Sorry for the past reply. Thank You as always for a great look as to what's going on on your home pond!

I saw that there were a bunch of permits for Clinton last weekend, so we ended up going to Springfield instead. Had a handful on Saturday, all on black-n-blue vibrating jig with a South African cutter craw trailer. Cast to the end of isolated wood, and they would whack it on the fall. Every bite was the same.

Hope to make Clinton in October for a weekend

October is my favorite month to fish Clinton. Let me know if you plan on coming down here. Ill be in LaCrosse, Wi to fish the MLF BFL Regional Oct 13-15, but will be fish'n at Clinton most of the rest of the month. We have the Wounded Warrior Open Tournament on the weekend of Oct. 22nd and that is always a fun event for a great cause.

I've had days in October where the only 2 baits on my deck were a Whopper Plopper and a Spook and it was only a matter of figuring out WHICH topwater they wanted at any given time/spot ALL day long!
    Last edited by Philly; 09-23-2022 at 10:19 AM.