Thread: Sentiment

Sentiment

Absolutely crazy how it swings. The last week we were going to 3000 in the S&P and one fed member comes out and says "we have to be careful not to tighten too much" and the market goes up. This has to be the algo machines reading the news reports. I swear the machines are running the markets.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Market is likely to get crazy today with Powell speaking, and then it will get crazy next week with CPI and PPI. I think the market is really unsure about what affect QT will have. So it's all day trading algos moving on headlines. I expect these swings to continue, I can see a path towards new lows but also I can see a path testing the old highs, and I think in the next 6 months we can see both.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Market is likely to get crazy today with Powell speaking, and then it will get crazy next week with CPI and PPI. I think the market is really unsure about what affect QT will have. So it's all day trading algos moving on headlines. I expect these swings to continue, I can see a path towards new lows but also I can see a path testing the old highs, and I think in the next 6 months we can see both.
    Yep, which makes it about impossible to play. I don't know what to do

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Yep, which makes it about impossible to play. I don't know what to do

LOL. Yup, I have no conviction. I buy something one day sell it the next for pennies gained or lost. Thank goodness hunting season starts so I can get away from the computer screen.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    With oil and gas prices falling. I’m wondering if this is just posturing for a lower CPI? Is ‘t this the time of year to set 2023 SS COLA increases?

6. Member
    People are seeming a bit too positive now. Should be a huge collapse next week.

That being said I made a good bit trading this week.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    People are seeming a bit too positive now. Should be a huge collapse next week.

That being said I made a good bit trading this week.
    I think it is going to depend on the CPI reading. Bought back a put I sold 11 days ago and made 50% premium but it expired in October so I was happy to take the gain now and sell another one if we get another leg down.