The circumcision covenant

If man was made in his image then why do males have foreskins?
    Does this mean that God
    circumcised himself?

Sadly this is what some seem to be teaching:
    "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also;
    but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit.
    Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

Very peculiar questions that were posed to me, to which I gave my replies based on what I strongly believe that scripture says to the reason for circumcision and about it.
    Scripture is clear in many passages about the physicality of God, from appearing to Moses and Moses request of wanting to look at God, to that which is written in Isaiah, and discussed by Jesus.
    May the Holy Spirit guide and strengthen us in our understanding.

2. Banned
    How do you know what you believe is right, and the other guy is wrong?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    How do you know what you believe is right, and the other guy is wrong?
    The Bible is very clear when read with an unbiased mind. That's how we know who is right and wrong. Example: Jesus is the only way to the Father.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    The Bible is very clear when read with an unbiased mind. That's how we know who is right and wrong. Example: Jesus is the only way to the Father.

I'd bet the Muslim types the same about the Koran and the Jew the Torah... i'd opine Rex is seeking answers that are NOT in TheBible. So, if One were still looking for answers would ask 'what did the Ones before Jesus do?
    Would it behoove Rex to look at any other religious™ texts? Would a non-Abrahamic religion™ provide a different path?

as it relates to circumcision:
    i understand the wages are low but they make it back in tips...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I'd bet the Muslim types the same about the Koran and the Jew the Torah... i'd opine Rex is seeking answers that are NOT in TheBible. So, if One were still looking for answers would ask 'what did the Ones before Jesus do?
    Would it behoove Rex to look at any other religious™ texts? Would a non-Abrahamic religion™ provide a different path?

as it relates to circumcision:
    i understand the wages are low but they make it back in tips...
    Dig was referring to the Bible, thus the answer toward a Biblical view. To your point, we can probably agree, there is still a right or wrong. I find that the Bible is true and Jesus is the only way. What other text has the archeological, historical, accuracy and track record to compare when speaking of how to get to heaven?
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

very simple...that is what mankind must do. Mankind is fulling his end of the covenant by circumcision of the male. period
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Is Circumcision a Requirement for Christians?

The Bible Gives the Answer

The Question - "Now some men came down from Judea and began to teach the brothers: “Unless you get circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved. ”But after quite a bit of dissension and disputing by Paul and Barnabas with them, it was arranged for Paul, Barnabas, and some of the others to go up to the apostles and elders in Jerusalem regarding this issue". ~ Acts 15:1-2

The Answer - The Apostles and elders in Jerusalem issued a decree of the "necessary things" for Gentiles and Jews alike. Their list did not include circumcision. "For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” ~ Acts 15:28-29

More Insight - Paul circumcised Timothy shortly after the decree was issued, not as a matter of faith, but to avoid prejudicing Jews to whom they were going to preach. - Acts 16:1-3 ; 1 Cor. 9:19-23 The apostle Paul dealt with the subject of circumcision several times in the Bible. “We are those with the real circumcision [of the heart], who are rendering sacred service by God’s spirit”. - Philippians 3:3 Paul also wrote, “Circumcision does not mean a thing, and uncircumcision means not a thing, but observance of God’s commandments does.” - 1 Cor. 7:19

Hope that helps you guys in your search for the Truth ~ Lenny B
    Last edited by LennyB; 09-17-2022 at 08:12 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post
    Is Circumcision a Requirement for Christians?
    Very simple answer NO, which is not what the OP was about, but whether or not God is flesh and bones and circumcised.

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    OP was about, but whether or not God is flesh and bones and circumcised.
    The Bible's Answer

NO. "God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.” - John 4:24

10. Member

The Bible's Answer

"God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.” - John 4:24
    Completely agreed, and I posted this gospel 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Completely agreed, and I posted this gospel 3 days ago.
    Sorry Dig,

I generally don't follow this forum that closely just because of all the heated debates found here, often at times with neither person having an accurate knowledge. - 2 Timothy 2:23-26

My post on Circumcision was intended to help Drifter and others compare what they have been taught, to what the Bible actually says on that matter.

12. Member

Sorry Dig,

I generally don't follow this forum that closely just because of all the heated debates found here, often at times with neither person having an accurate knowledge. - 2 Timothy 2:23-26

My post on Circumcision was intended to help Drifter and others compare what they have been taught, to what the Bible actually says on that matter.
    No apology necessary, I was just pointing out that in my daily posting of the Gospel reading, it was part of it. Try not to shun away from heated healthy debate, but please try not to partake or propagate useless contentious arguments.

Have a healthy and productive week.