Question for the group and how should I proceed

I recently purchased a new 2022 FXR20 APEX. I missed looking at the Fulton jack stand when I purchased the boat. Well, apparently, my trailer came with the Fulton XLT jack stand, which is sub-par to the F2 jack stand. The boat on the trailer wobbles terribly and, at times, has caused me to lose my balance.

I reached out to Skeeter and this is what their response was: “At the time your boat was being built fulton did not know when they would be shipping us the F2 jack. We did not have them for several months. Skeeter made the decision to do a running change until we got them in.

​I am somewhat taken back by their stance not willing to swap out the XLT jack stand to the F2 jack stand which is what is advertised as standard option. I was never made aware of this “running change”.

Am I asking too much to ask Skeeter to swap out the XLT jack stand for the Fulton F2? I did ask the question, what if the XLT was defective would Skeeter replace it with the XLT model or would they replace it with the F2 jack stand since they have the Fulton F2 available now.

I am waiting for a reply back from Skeeter on this question. I would be understanding if my boat was a ZX or ZXR, but the APEX is their “flagship” model.

Chris Hoffman
    Londonderry, NH

2022 SKEETER FXR20 APEX w/ 250hp SHO
    1x APEX 13 MSI+, 1x Solix 12 chirp MSI+ G3, 1x Solix 15 chirp MSI+ G3. AS GPS HS, Mega 360 Imaging. MK Ultrex MDI w/ iPilot link, MegaLive with Targetlock and 8’ MK
    Raptors and Ionic Lithium Batteries

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>.·´¯`·. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸. ·´ ¯`·...><(((º>

2. Member
    Honestly, if you left with the boat, I'd say it's on you to replace but that's just my opinion.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR 21

Did they mention if they are now able to get the F2? If I was a betting man they have the ability to change accessories based on availability per your contract or a disclaimer.

4. Member
    For such a small thing as that I would think Skeeter or your dealer would try and accommodate you. That said other than what your doing, maybe talk to the dealer you got it from. I know if that might be what keeps a customer, I’m changing it for you yesterday.

5. Member
    Did the same on my 2022 Zxr20

6. Member
    Unfortunately it’s where manufacturers are at and I would be surprised if they would do anything, maybe the dealer would be willing to do a trade but unlikely from skeeter. I would expect like Mark said that they reserve the right to change “standard” option at their discretion.
    Just buy an F2 and swap it out so it doesn’t eat at you.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

7. Member
    Just curious, does the XLT jack cause the boat to wobble on the trailer?

I don't like that they would not work with you to swap it out unless they still can't get them. You would think there would be a price difference between the two. I would see if you have an itemized invoice. If you were charged for the F2 but n9t credited for the difference then I would ask them to correct it via swap or refund difference.

They make look at like most customers woukd not want a brand new boat held up over something like a jack. Hard to say.

9. Member
    The F2 jack isn't much sturdier. It is sloppy, lot of posts on this board about it....save your money. But I will say it's BS that manufacturers seam to have us by the b@lz as of late.

10. Member
    If your boat is not stable on the trailer, I’d be willing to bet the winch is the least of your worries.

11. Member
    Not just Skeeter , my buddy bought Phoenix Elite and did same thing .

12. Member
    all the manufactures are having trouble getting parts its worse now than it was during covid which makes no sense we have 2 marine distributors that service tx an neither of them have had a ultrex trolling motor in the last 6 months go figure the builders are in a no win deal an are trying the best that they can to get product out the door.

Yes stand on the boat while unhitched from your truck and then get back to me about the wobble
    Chris Hoffman
    Londonderry, NH

1x APEX 13 MSI+, 1x Solix 12 chirp MSI+ G3, 1x Solix 15 chirp MSI+ G3. AS GPS HS, Mega 360 Imaging. MK Ultrex MDI w/ iPilot link, MegaLive with Targetlock and 8’ MK

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>.·´¯`·. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸. ·´ ¯`·...><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    Not just Skeeter , my buddy bought Phoenix Elite and did same thing .
    That sucks man! Sorry you are in the same situation. Do you agree the XLT jack stand is sub-par?
    Chris Hoffman
    Londonderry, NH

Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    If your boat is not stable on the trailer, I’d be willing to bet the winch is the least of your worries.
    not talking about the winch I was talking about the jack stand
    Chris Hoffman
    Londonderry, NH

16. Member
    It's my buddy that bought the Phoenix , he's not happy either but they said would replace when available ??? wait and see

17. Member
    When I bought my boat in 2021 the F2 stand was terrible. It didn’t stand straight and wobbled. I just called Fulton myself and they replace it twice before I finally got a good one
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA