Thread: Frogs

Frogs

Stanley Ribbit or Zoom Horny Toad?
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

I think most would call those "toads," though it's semantics. 100% personal preference in my opinion. I happen to like Zoom Horny Toads the best.

The new Z-Man Goat Toadz are really good too, FWIW. I'm just having some issues trying to decide which hook is best for them. I'd like to stay away from an EWG as I've had issues with Elaztech balling up on them in the past, but a straight shank ends up with the point sticking out and it grabs vegetation and/or wants to hang. Still tinkering there.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Zoom Horny Toad for me. No reason other than that I've just had better luck with them than with the Stanley. I do like the Bull Ribbit for a bigger profile toad though.

4. Member
    That’s a tough question. I used to be a die hard Horny Toad fan and wouldn’t consider anything else. I bought the ribbits and have been using them lately, not sure why but it’s the one I normally grab. I’m thicker stuff I prefer the ribbits because they push more water. Sparse grass I like the horny road.

a sleeper toad too is a Manns hardnose frog but I think they stopped making them
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp