What prop to get the most rpm

Guys what prop do I need to get my RPM'S up? Currently running the 23 fury on a CX19. Bought the boat in March and I've yet to see over 5800 RPM even back in March. Currently running around 67 or 68 with a heavy load and 2 guys and thats around 5750. Sure would like to squeeze that last bit out of the Merc!

2. Member
    I have the same exact boat, same prop 225 pro xs, not sure what gear you have but I’m running 2 talons, standard lead batteries, with me 170lbs, normal gear, half full live wells and a half tank of fuel my best is 72 at 6100 rpm’s. 2 people and a full tank of fuel and I’m 69-70. I also have a hydraulic jackplate. I tried a tempest 24p prop, was slower out of the hole by atleast a second and about 2 mph slower, that one would turn about 6000 rpm’s. Check your prop to pad, may be too low.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbandit1 View Post
    Guys what prop do I need to get my RPM'S up? Currently running the 23 fury on a CX19. Bought the boat in March and I've yet to see over 5800 RPM even back in March. Currently running around 67 or 68 with a heavy load and 2 guys and thats around 5750. Sure would like to squeeze that last bit out of the Merc!
    Have you had a Mercury Dealer put a DDT on there to make sure you are getting 100% throttle??

4. Member
    Yes they have done it twice. Seems to me I need a smaller prop. I would think this boat should run 70 in the summer time with 2 guys and a tournament load all day everyday! The CX20 is a speed demon so in my mind this boat should be 2 mph slower but its more like 5 to 8 mph slower. I dont get it!?