Thread: Phoenix wiring

Thumbs Up Phoenix wiring

I see a lot of discussions related to wiring issues in boats. So I decided to do a few tests just to see how my 919 stood up. I have 2 10 inch Garmin graphs at the bow 2 10 inch Gamin's at the console and one 9 inch Garmin at the stern, all are powered by a single RELiON RB100 AH Lithium. I am connected thru a master cut off switch going to 2 Blue Sea fuse blocks in the starboard rod locker. I disconnected all my graphs power cords and turned the power on and measured using as FLUKE 87 true RMS multimeter. The results were surprising. I measured 13.4 at the battery terminals and at every graphs power plug. So I think Phoenix you did a really good job wiring these boats. Zero voltage line lose, I tested 3 times at various times thru the day just to be sure.

Impressed for sure
    Risen From The Ashes!!

2. Member
    I think phoenix does a great job also. But the real test is put a small load at the end of each line with your meter to test it under an amp load. To get battery voltage unloaded can be done on a single strand of wire. But when you put a load on it is the real test as too how good it is.
    Eric Anderson
    Nashville Boating Center

I’ve seen some guys run 4-5 12” graphs solely off the Phoenix integrated harness and these are serious hardcore tournament guys without issues. I personally do not run graphs off it but have accessories on it. I have dedicated power for my graphs but like I said I’ve seen it done with success.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

4. Member
    Oh I did load it. after the first test I hooked all the graphs up and while the voltage did lower it was well within operating parameters of a fully changed Lithium battery and all the exact at each graph. So as far as I am concerned it's a perfect install.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

5. Member
    Yep. If that voltage was at connector with graphs on Id agree with that!!
    Eric Anderson
    Nashville Boating Center