Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Most of these "wishes" seem like they could be accomplished with software updates.

I'm curious what will be different about the unit itself to make it worth purchasing over the HDS Lives.
    2023 Puma STS

2. Member
    I won’t be replacing my Live’s anytime soon but a quick connect/detach hard similar to the Garmin units would be nice

3. Member
    Water level offset is patented by another manufacturer. You won’t see it on Navico products unless there was a license deal between the two. This is the problem with public wish lists. Much of it is technically possible but will never happen due to IP issues.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mclean39 View Post
    Automatically stop sonar (AT and nosecone transducer) when Ghost Trolling motor is stowed. Start it back up when Ghost deployed
    +1

5. Member
    Correct Hard & Soft resets to actually reset everything. Some new features are not, like sonar and network names.

Just remembered this one, not really an item for an update, but for a wish list….

When Structure Scan first came out, it came with an LSS-1 transducer. It was good but needed some tweaking. The answer was the LSS-2 transducer. It was a noticeable improvement on my units.

Now we have the 3-in-1 which may be even better still.

That got me thinking, I hope they eventually come out with a newer and improved Transducer for the Active Target! I'd upgrade!
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

7. ZO6
    Improvement to all transducers. Would like to see a minimum of 600watt 2d hw in a 3 in 1. Also more adjustability and range on the Active Target transducer. Also continued software improvement for Livesight. I use it on the transom with 2d.

8. Member
    I agree I'd like to see improved side scan.. but I'm still happy with the SS3D.

I've said several times that I like Humminbirds Mega imaging better. I was wrong! I've been using a boat lately with Birds and I'll gladly take SS3D over their Mega imaging.

I haven't had a chance to use a 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 yet.
    2023 Puma STS

9. Member
    With the 22 updates, I feel the difference between AI and 3D is barely perceptible. Other than a bit greater side range for 3D, I don’t think most people would see much difference with all scanning conditions being the same.

NoCAL
    2B112175

The Stop Sonar Quick Button option for AT, which I think has already been mentioned.

another thing, and there may be a workaround for it already, but when I setup a screen with three slices, SS (left side only) on Left slice, DS or 2D in center, and SS (right side only) on Right slice - which is a great screen. But when I move back to any other "normal" SS screen, whether the default tile or another custom tile setup, the SS only shows the left side, so I have go go back in and select Left + Right. Then of course when I go back to the 3 slice deal I have to change it back again to Left Side only. Would be nice if ther was a way to not have to do this every time.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 09-10-2022 at 11:39 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    With the 22 updates, I feel the difference between AI and 3D is barely perceptible. Other than a bit greater side range for 3D, I don’t think most people would see much difference with all scanning conditions being the same.

NoCAL
    Good info. I'm torn because I KNOW I like SS3D - but I'm also not itching to spend another $1000 unnecessarily. Most of the time when I'm using sidescan I'm using a range of 100ft and I'm in < 20ft of water. Many people will say I won't see fish as easily at that range, but I'm usually looking for cover at that range.
    2023 Puma STS

12. Member
    78Staff, Haha, sorry but most people would be really upset if their View selection was lost everytime they changed the Structure screen. You have an incredible system and that screen you have sounds perfect but don’t expect them to change the View selection! I guess they could add a menu item to Lock View Selection but I think mostly people prefer to remain on the screen they were using previously.

NoCAL
    2B112175

13. Member
    - Multicolour palette for AT.
    - Fix the DownScan and TM150M glitch when networked.
    - Fix the lag in AT. The competition doesn’t have such a delay.
    - Better stitching in AT
    - Get rid of the lip/shadow at the start of structure in 800 kHz Active Imaging SideScan.

Outside of software, I want a return to 455 and 800 kHz DownScan. The fixed 625 kHz that is Active Imaging is a pale imitation of what I had before. Prior to the update last spring, it was complete garbage. It’s still not what it should be. I got better DownScan in 455 kHz with my old Elite Ti and TotalScan in a quarter pane on a 7” screen!

Also, an option to increase the scroll speed in DownScan.

Are you listening Lowrance?
    Last edited by glennie; 09-11-2022 at 07:42 AM.

14. Member
    How 'bout putting Point 1 NMEA data on ethernet. Tired of buying yet another NMEA drop & Tee.

15. Member
    Never happen. NMEA is a marine standard communication protocol for numerical data including heading, depth, GPS position, etc. These are data that many different types of boats use including linking satellite navigation and radio position fixes. No way you could run Ethernet the length of an 80' luxury yacht but NMEA can do it easily. Plus Ethernet is optimized to carry image data while NMEA is optimized for numerical data. Sometimes we forget that the gear we used is adapted from the marine industry and bass boats are a minuscule part of that industry! LOL.

NoCAL
    2B112175

16. Member
    Actually Instead of quicker "stop sonar" access I'd be even happier with an option "automatically stop all sonars that are not on screen and start them if they are on screen".

17. Member
    Just one button to stop all transducers, either a physical button or when you press the power button.

18. Member
    Set waypoint with Active Target.

19. Member
    .....some noise adjustment on SS/DI sonar,
    two colour palette- to increase fish detecting
    mega khz structurescan
    better 2d sonar with true chirp xdcr, at this point there's problem with chirpm 2d and structurescan on FS unit
    hardness overlay from 200khz returns as add layer to live mapping
    genesis live show/start recording separately
    point 1 as compas source for TM
    video recording for all viewes, not only for livesight/Active target sonar

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by towboaterpete View Post
    Set waypoint with Active Target.

You already can do that happens everytime I am on the water and I go right back to the same tree everytime.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast