Kennebec River Maine - Seeking Smallmouth - Where to Launch my Boat ??

Hey there, I'm looking to do a little smallmouth fishing in the Kennebec River in Maine this September and just wasn't sure the best place to launch a 20 ft bass boat. I've heard that the section above Skowhegan headed towards Solon and Bingham is pretty good, but I'm just not familiar enough with the river to know which areas are compatible with a 20-ft bass boat given that most navionic chips don't give river depths and I understand that river depths also fluctuate with damn releases. Just want to know the safest sections for a boat of 18 to 20 feet.

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post something publicly. I'm an avid Smallie chaser and truly respect the species and want to do my part to maintain the fishery. I see so many smallmouth waters being ruined in my state due to horrible fishery management policies aimed at identifying and targeting smallmouth as invasive species. Just looking to explore new water to see if I can catch a few trophy smallies this fall before the season ends.

My appreciation in advance for any direction or feedback BBC members can provide. Tight Lines!!

2. Member
    There are ramps in Hinkley & Skowhegan. Both can handle a 20ft boat no problem.

Regards,
    Riley

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley-Maine View Post
    There are ramps in Hinkley & Skowhegan. Both can handle a 20ft boat no problem.

Regards,
    Riley
    Thank you. Found both ramps on the map. How is the bass fishing in the Hinkley section down to the dam?