Thread: Talon Rattle

Talon Rattle

Have a “new to me” Skeeter with 2 8’ Talons. Got it on plane at about 3500 rpms and heard a bad rattle coming from behind me and would go away as I trimmed up and got it over 4000 rpms. At first I couldn’t tell if it was the motor or the talons but once I gave the talons a shake it was the same sound I was hearing. The anchor inside the talon was very loose but deploys without issue (other than the usual noise of a talon). Has anyone else experienced this and what is a remedy if there is one?
    Thanks

Is your 8 footers the first generation 2 stage that was only made for a few years or the new style 3 stage 8 footer that came out in fall of 2014. The first generation 2 stage 8 footers have some rattle but nothing horrible. Mine will rattle a little at mid range rpm but as soon as I turn the steering wheel or increase/decrease rpm they stop rattling. Its the long spike up inside the housing. The shorter spike in the ones made past October of 2014 tend to rattle less.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Yes I have a rattle on mine but only hear it when I shake the boat or it's on the trailer don't hear mine on the water when running. Mine are the first generation someone said that you can replace the spike and it may get rid of the rattle because it's not in the area that is made to hold it but it doesn't hurt anything and works just fine so leaving it alone...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years