Thread: Bravo question

Bravo question

Bravo FS vs a Bravo LT on an Allison? Any comparisons?
    Last edited by dwoodfin; 09-03-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Bravo1. The original, no letters in its title.
    Brian Schuler
    USMC Retired

A true Hero gets out of bed every morning and goes about lifes daily tasks unnoticed, unassuming, and unsung.

A true Hero takes on responsibility, speaks kindly, acts fairly, endures patiently. And facing every day with simple strength.

A true Hero persists in the things that really matter.

2013 Allison BasSport Pro Elite
    Mercury 250 Sport XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwoodfin View Post
    Bravo FS vs a Bravo LT on an Allison? Any comparisons?
    What engine are you running?
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

I did all my testing with an XS, the FS is the same prop, just with 4 PVS holes vs. 8 PVS on the XS. The LT is a long tube, I'm not a fan of the long tube on the Allison. Even the Max 5 we ran the short tubes.

I only tested a flared barrel vs. no flare. It was on a promax. I preferred no flare.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I did all my testing with an XS, the FS is the same prop, just with 4 PVS holes vs. 8 PVS on the XS. The LT is a long tube, I'm not a fan of the long tube on the Allison. Even the Max 5 we ran the short tubes.

I only tested a flared barrel vs. no flare. It was on a promax. I preferred no flare.
    River Rocket - How did the short tube vs long tube differ?
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

I didn't test long tube vs short tube back to back in the same prop, only flare vs. no flare. If your staying in the 80's and low 90's I would think the longer tube could be helpful to carry a load and the boat. At higher speeds the long tube for me lifts too much. The ass of the boat gets too loose. Even the stern lifting Max 5 ST (short tube) has this issue. Just too much stern lift in that prop. Great prop, but at 100 it wasn't my first choice.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by PSM207 View Post
    What engine are you running?
    250R
    tried the LT but didn’t like it as much as the FS. But I’m still not happy with it. Holeshot is ok until livewells are filled..then it’s horrible.

How many holes does the FS have open?
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    Four
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    How many holes does the FS have open?
    All are unplugged

I prefer the bravo 1 long barrel full flare on my 21 prosport but I just run a 225 optimax. Like river rocket says it just lifts and frees the boat up with my lil motor. I do run 36 volt exterra with 4 lead batteries. My boat will run mid upper 80's just about any time with a best of 90.9( I know some will doubt it, but). I've got a new FS that i've not tried, its worked just like my Bravo 1 except its got the shorter barrel. If and when the weather permits I'll see how it compares.
    xb-21 prosport 225 pro xs

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skewby View Post
    I prefer the bravo 1 long barrel full flare on my 21 prosport but I just run a 225 optimax. Like river rocket says it just lifts and frees the boat up with my lil motor. I do run 36 volt exterra with 4 lead batteries. My boat will run mid upper 80's just about any time with a best of 90.9( I know some will doubt it, but). I've got a new FS that i've not tried, its worked just like my Bravo 1 except its got the shorter barrel. If and when the weather permits I'll see how it compares.
    Skewby - Please keep us posted on this.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

Quote Originally Posted by skewby View Post
    My old Prosport started with a 225XS, then 300XS to a 300R. I believe 90.9 with a 225XS. I ran the Bravo XS on mine. The 225XS was a strong motor like the 250XS. It got out of the hole better with the same props vs. the 300XS I replaced it with. Top end went to the 300XS, but both had 1.62's and the 225 would take it out of the hole.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Mine is the twin to yours. I think you contacted me when you first bought yours. I just try try to keep up with the big motors with Billy working props for my old wore stuff.
    xb-21 prosport 225 pro xs