Ranger to Caymas??

So I’m giving serious thought to coming out of my 521 and ordering a CX21. I’m curious if there are guys here that have made a similar switch, say out of a newer 520 or 521. What are your thoughts? What do you like/don’t like? I’m seeking honest opinions from guys that have come from Ranger to Caymas. Not interested in JM v EB stuff, just the boat. Feel free to pm me if that is more comfortable for you?

Thanks….Mick
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

Just switched from a 2014 Ranger 19C, to a Caymas CX20. Not quite what you are looking for, but Im 60 and have driven a lot of boats. Just did the break in on boat today. I could not be happier. Incredible boat to drive, very stable when the trollers down. time will tell but Im really impressed.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

3. Member
    I ran a 520C for over 12 years and was-is a great boat especially with the trolling motor down. Hard to beat a Ranger but i have been in my CX 20 now for going on two years, no disappoints at all from me as far as i am concerned. The Caymas rids better in my opinion both at low speeds and certainly at higher speeds especially in those rollers. The Caymas has plenty of space up front and has a pure stable fishing deck, very stable and tracks great with the trolling motor down. All in all, I have been very happy with my rig.

4. Member
    So Rodney one thing I wonder is how does your Caymas run wot? I mean do you have to drive it, or is it stable at top end like a ranger. I feel like I could eat a bowl of soup while running wide open in my Ranger, while my phoenix buddies seem to be working their butts off to keep from hooking. Thanks for the feedback!
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick2268 View Post
    So Rodney one thing I wonder is how does your Caymas run wot? I mean do you have to drive it, or is it stable at top end like a ranger. I feel like I could eat a bowl of soup while running wide open in my Ranger, while my phoenix buddies seem to be working their butts off to keep from hooking. Thanks for the feedback!
    It does take a little driving on a Caymas, best speed i have seen with two guys and 1/2 tank fuel was 76.8 and tucking 77 at times. If a Ranger is set up right, they also have to be driven to get real top in speeds.

6. Member
    I traded in a Ranger Z520c for my CX21. I would never go back to a Ranger after owning this boat. Caymas is a better riding boat both in big water and speed. You don’t really need to drive it until you get up to 70mph. Anything under that and it’s effortless. Layout is comparable but Caymas has the best battery compartment. What sold me and still impresses me is their customer service. You can call the factory and someone answers every time and you get connected to someone that can help you immediately. They definitely take care of their customers.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    I traded in a Ranger Z520c for my CX21. I would never go back to a Ranger after owning this boat. Caymas is a better riding boat both in big water and speed. You don’t really need to drive it until you get up to 70mph. Anything under that and it’s effortless. Layout is comparable but Caymas has the best battery compartment. What sold me and still impresses me is their customer service. You can call the factory and someone answers every time and you get connected to someone that can help you immediately. They definitely take care of their customers.
    This, 100% agree and customer service is second to none. It's so easy to talk to someone in person who is eager to jump in there and help you out, means a lot to most everyone for sure. Earl is always happy tp talk to folks and 9 times out of 10 he will buy them dinner while you are there, just like a big FAMILY at Caymas.