Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Better than Bass Boat Saver?

Bass Boat Saver has been around a long time and it has always worked good for me. Is there anything out there nowadays that works better?

Nope....that's the reason it's been around for so long and trusted by many.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

3. Member
    Try Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray wax. That is what I use now after using both BBS and Slick Mist for many years. This Hybrid product has superior shine and texture.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Several work quite well but don't know that they work any better.

5. Member
    new ceramic bass boat saver is only thing better maybe?????
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    new ceramic bass boat saver is only thing better maybe?????
    i got some and really like it but apply it after regular bbs like directions say. Really makes boat super sharp
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Just bought a gallon and haven’t used it yet, so hopefully it’s still great lol

8. BBC SPONSOR
    FYI. They just released a new product. Ceramic spray. You need to try it! We've got it headed this way btw but I do have a test bottle on my desk.

Yet to find anything that’s as easy to use, and works as well on multiple surfaces as BBS. Perfect for ramp wipe downs, and in between washes.
    I’ll definitely have to try the ceramic spray. Although, it’s a bit pricey.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I have always used meguiars Final inspection. Works the same and I use it on the truck as well.
    128 oz. Meguiars Mirror Glaze #34 Final Inspection (autogeek.net)

11. Member
    I like BBS but I think BTS lasts longer
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

12. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    The nice thing about bbs is it’s great for carpet stains like fish blood
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    I have always used meguiars Final inspection. Works the same and I use it on the truck as well.
    128 oz. Meguiars Mirror Glaze #34 Final Inspection (autogeek.net)
    I’ve always been a fan myself.!! Can’t go wrong with their products.!!

14. Member
    Funny to see this topic. I just started testing out some of these products.
    BBS- great stuff, cleans, leaves a nice shine, can be used on everything, UV inhibitors but its pricey.

Tried Lucas slick mist- at first I wasnt overly impressed but it really made the red flake pop more so than BBS. Its a lot cheaper, but it dont clean and I dont think it can be used on all surfaces. I believe it has UV inhibitors as well.

Tried Pro-tec showroom conditioner- Cleans, shines but shine wasnt impressive. Has UV inhibitors.

Im getting ready to try a test spot with Chemical guys Hydro slick ceramic. This should last a full year. I'll report as too the shine level. No UV inhibitors but some of their other products may??????

Mequires- Flagship wax was some of the best on the market for gelcoat. I'd be interested in seeing what other products they have also.

15. Member
    I use 303 Aerospace protectant. Can be used on about anything. Wipe on wipe off. With all the ceramic sprays out now though I may have to venture out.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    Funny to see this topic. I just started testing out some of these products.
    BBS- great stuff, cleans, leaves a nice shine, can be used on everything, UV inhibitors but its pricey.

Tried Lucas slick mist- at first I wasnt overly impressed but it really made the red flake pop more so than BBS. Its a lot cheaper, but it dont clean and I dont think it can be used on all surfaces. I believe it has UV inhibitors as well.

Tried Pro-tec showroom conditioner- Cleans, shines but shine wasnt impressive. Has UV inhibitors.

Im getting ready to try a test spot with Chemical guys Hydro slick ceramic. This should last a full year. I'll report as too the shine level. No UV inhibitors but some of their other products may??????

Mequires- Flagship wax was some of the best on the market for gelcoat. I'd be interested in seeing what other products they have also.
    I used Hydro slick ceramic on half of my splash well and the other half with slick mist. The shine is insane with hydro slick. The level of shine is off the charts. The red flake truly looks 3 dimensional. Now the downside, it will show every flaw. I never knew there was a slight depression in the gelcoat when it came out of the mold but now its visible. Its pretty clear that if I end up doing the whole boat, I have to do some wet sanding, compounding and polishing beforehand but it would look better than the day it left Flippin.

Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    I used Hydro slick ceramic on half of my splash well and the other half with slick mist. The shine is insane with hydro slick. The level of shine is off the charts. The red flake truly looks 3 dimensional. Now the downside, it will show every flaw. I never knew there was a slight depression in the gelcoat when it came out of the mold but now its visible. Its pretty clear that if I end up doing the whole boat, I have to do some wet sanding, compounding and polishing beforehand but it would look better than the day it left Flippin.
    The chemical guys stuff is top notch. I use the banana wax after every trip. Smells great. I guess I need to try the hydro slick.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

18. Member
    I use what ever is the cheapest at the time of purchase. 11 year old bass boats looks like it just came out of the factory door.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

19. Member
    They all work well, when the gel coat is in good shape (cosmetically anyway). As far as a protectant that actually lasts the longest, and protects the best, there are a lot of comparison reviews out there and what seems to stand above all the others appears to be the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic.

I used to use BBS but switched to Lucas marine slick mist a couple years ok. Both work well but Lucas does better at water spots, at least for me.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast